Finally Over?

I apologize beforehand for the possibly sucky and lack of description of the fight. I'm not the best with writing fight scenes \= Plus, I felt it would just drag the chapter out, so I just covered parts of it. Hope you enjoy it! Comment, please?

---------------------------------------------------

I couldn’t get my eyes to look away from the guy as he stood there. Him and Jake were about the same height, and even though the new guy seemed a bit skinnier, I could tell he was far from weak. If anything, I’d bet he was stronger than Jake, and by the looks of things he was on our side. Well, maybe. By what he said it could just be he didn’t want the two killing each other, and had no intention of helping us out otherwise.

There was also the fact that Jake seemed a little intimidated by the new guy that got my hopes up. But as I finally managed to get my eyes to look at everything and not just the new guy I found Jake was starting to grin. That couldn’t be good.

“You don’t seem to know what’s happened, Nicholas. You see, you don’t stand a chance against me anymore. And it’s all thanks to that pretty little angel down there. My wife,” he said, and I frowned.

I hated being called his wife. Being married to a guy like him, I just couldn’t stand it. And having him call mea pretty little angel was something that I didn’t like, either. Probably just because I didn’t like him. So anything that associated him with me I wasn’t fond of.

The guy, Nicholas, didn’t seemed phased by Jake’s words. If anything, he was still quite amused by the whole situation. “Oh, I know exactly what’s happened, little brother. But I’m not the one who’s going to fight you. I’m pretty sure that wife of yours has a score to settle. You really shouldn’t piss of females, but you always were a slow learner,” Nicholas replied, and I couldn’t believe what he had said.

Not just the part about him apparently being Jake and Xavier’s older brother, but that he knew I had a score to settle with Jake for all of this. I had never seen the guy before, and by the looks of things he wasn’t too welcome around here. Or, at least not by Jake, so I knew he hadn’t been around. So just how did he know?

There was no time to figure it out as Jake spoke again, and his words only made me more determined to show him how wrong he was. “You really think she can take me? All this time away really has made you stupid.”

“Oh, really? I’m pretty sure you’re the stupid one, honey,” I said from behind him, and he whirled around to face me. The look on his face was priceless. The surprise was mixed with something else, fear maybe? If it wasn’t, it would be soon. “You didn’t really think I was just sitting around all this time while you did whatever you wanted, did you?”

He glared at me, obviously not liking the situation even more. But once again a grin spread across his face. “You’re just bluffing. I’ve been keeping an eye on you, and you’re not threat to me. So why don’t you go back to you room and let the big boys sort this out?” he said, acting as if I was a small child.

That didn’t sit well with me at all. My eyes moved from him for just a second to see Nicholas right next to Xavier, undoing the bonds on his wrists and helping him to his feet. Xavier looked at me, worry and fear in his eyes. He obviously didn’t think I stood a chance, that I was basically signing my death warrant. But he’d see soon enough that that wasn’t the case, they all would.

Jake went to move but before he could he had the blade of a scythe at his throat. Slowly he turned and looked at me, fear definitely in his eyes this time. “You were saying?” I said, my expression stern.

“You little,” he started, but stopped at the blade pressed against his neck, drawing a small drop of blood.

“I’d watch your words if I was you. I can get a bit careless when I’m annoyed, and your voice tends to have that effect on me.”

Nicholas gave me one last look and a small nod before he and Xavier were gone. Just like that. One minute here the next gone. Just like when Jake had brought me here, and just like I was able to do now as well. My mother had taught me well, and I was about to put all that training and practicing to the test. I just hoped I passed.

“You’ll regret this,” he growled, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Really? How so?”

The fact that everyone had been moved from the room hadn’t even dawned on me, and I didn’t really care. It just meant less people to get in the way and try to take me out. “Like this,” he said, making a quick move to put a few inches between his neck and my blade while simultaneously reaching out for my neck.

This time I was the one to move back, barely avoiding his hand. We stood there, staring at each other for a moment. My scythe was crossed in front of me, ready if he decided to come in for an attack. Sure, I could had ended everything then and there, but as much as I hated him I couldn’t bring myself to kill him by either beheading him, or slicing his throat. Maybe that would come back to bite me, but I’d deal with it if it did. For now I had to focus on piercing his heart. Then this would all be over.

Finally I made a move, closing the distance between us and aiming for his side with my blade. He countered by jumping up, his feet less that an inch from my blade and sending a fireball at me. The classic fireball, something I had expected from him. But something about it didn’t seem right. Sure, I had never really encountered one before, but it still seemed off. Instead of just blocking it I moved to the side, glancing back at it hit the wall. Flaming piece of something flew everywhere, sticking to whatever it touched. Definitely not a classic fireball.

“I’d watch yourself if I was you. Get hit by one of those and you’re in for some serious pain,” Jake said, a grin on his face.

“Then I guess I’ll just have to not get hit by one, won’t I?” I replied, moving in once more.

Every time I tried to land a hit Jake would dodge and counter with his own. After a few minutes the score was me zero, and Jake four. It was nothing major, thought I knew I had a bruised, and possibly broken rib, along with a busted lip. But something I didn’t fail to miss was the fact that none of his attacks seemed to be aimed to kill me, just beat me down as if there was a reason he didn’t want to kill me.

That little thought made me grin. I had wondered about it, but now I knew for a fact. If I died then the power Jake had gotten form me would vanish as well, and he couldn’t afford that. Well, that changed things a bit. If I could withstand the hits then I could get the upper hand in all this.

A few more minutes later and I wasn’t in the best of shape, but I wasn’t the only one bleeding this time. Jake had a few cuts on his right arm and a rather deep gash on his left shoulder. Needless to say, he wasn’t happy about the outcome so far. This time he made the first move, closing in as I stood my ground. Just as the last second I moved to the side, swinging my scythe and feeling it embed itself in flesh.

Jake was motionless, blood slowly seeping form the corners of his mouth. After countless hits and misses it was finally over, I had finally managed to pierce his heart. “You little bitch,” he said coldly, turning his amber eyes on me.

“It’s over, Jake. You lose,” I said, pulling it out and watching as he fell to the floor, blood pooling around him.

With one last glance around I left the place I had been forced to call home for three months now and returned to the only place I knew I could. Sathe’s club. I had no idea what I’d find or how I’d be greeted, but it was the only place I could go. It wasn’t as if I had a home anymore, and I had no idea how to get to Heaven. Even if I did I wouldn’t go, because I had to see Xavier first. And I knew he wouldn’t be there.