20 | The 493d Party

Mario soon awoke in a field of poppies and tulips and all sorts of other things. He sat up. "Where am I? What happened?" he exclaimed. Then he looked to his right. There, lying, was none other than Princess Peach. "Peach!" he yelled.

She awoke. "M-M-Ma-Mario?" she asked, running her eyes.

"Peach," he said, looking around. "We're home!" And he was right. They were in the gardens of Peach's Castle, right behind the main tower.

"Mario?" came a voice to his left. He turned his head and found Rosalina. "Mario?" she asked. "What? How'd we end up here?"

"I honestly don't know," Mario said, scratching his head. He stood up. "Let along how'd we end up as far as Peach's Castle?"

"Hey! You guys are awake, too!" Luigi yelled, coming out from a door from the back of Peach's Castle. "You guys have been out for minutes!" He stopped and made a quizzical look. "Well, it's been minutes since I woke up."

"Oh, come here, Luigi!" Mario yelled, everyone coming in for a group hug. After a second, Peach backed away.

"Bowser is gone for good this time..." she trailed off. "I can't believe this. Perhaps it'll never soak in."

Mario hadn't thought of that. "Bowser is gone, isn't he? And Bowser Jr. too?"

"Wow," Luigi said. "They're defeated."

"Who knows where Kamek went," Rosalina pointed out. "But we needn't worry about him now."

They all laughed. Bowser was gone for good. No more Bowser Galaxies, no more kidnappings (from Bowser, anyway) and best of all---no more adventure? It really was over. Mario had gotten so used to traveling the cosmos. He would miss Starlow's bright yellow body, or Sprix's sense of humor, and Piantette's...well...he wouldn't really miss Piantette. He would miss the way Snowden left the air cold, and how Cheep and Kylie Koopa always acted like the best of friends through the toughest of situations.

"PRINCESS!" came a voice out from the castle. Mario turned to see Toadsworth running towards Peach. "PEACH!!!!! I-I-I---"

Peach dried Toadsworth's sobs away. "I know, I know," she rolled her eyes. "Everyone missed me. I know."

Mario took Peach's hand, and Rosalina carried the still-crying Toadsworth, and Luigi grabbed his own hand, and scurried back to the castle.

--🌎--

That night, a huge party was thrown in Mario and Peach's honor. It was one of the most lavish parties ever hosted at the Mushroom Palace, and it had the honor of being Mario's favorite up to that point.

Daisy made an appearance. "Great to have you back!" she laughed to Peach, doing a booty bump with the princess. Daisy was sent flying back to a food table and knocked it over.

"Sorry," Peach shrugged. "Implants, I guess."

"Doesn't everyone get them?" Daisy sucked up.

"Princess!" Toadsworth walked over. "This party is fantastic! I just wish the public could know I planned this, instead of you."

Peach glared at her assistant. "If I died, I'd leave the kingdom to you, of course."

On the other side of the palace, Mario and Rosalina walked amongst the gardens. "This party is okay," she smiled. "I'm just hopeful they're won't be another."