13 | Mario's Biggest Fan

Once upon a time, not long ago at all, (actually this just happened) there was a girl named Piantette. She was a kind, loving, generous woman. Everyone loved to be around her.

"Ooh! Piantette! You're so pretty!" one would say.

She didn't look like a normal Pianta, the inhabitants of Islé Delfino. Piantette was almost humanlike, with a short, slim body and a blond ponytail pulled back to her shoulders.

Piantette! Show me some of that!" another would scream.

Piantette was popular at her job. Everyone seemed to love her, and Piantette seemed to love everyone.

Well, almost everyone. She was one of those girls who whenever she had a crush, there was no stopping her! She infamously had liked other people, but whenever that boy did something wrong OOOHHHH! She would take EXTREME measures. But let's not get to that . . . yet.

It turns out the boy Piantette was crushing on was passing through her home, Islé Delfino, right as you read! He was famous, he was a great vigilante, and he donned a red hat with the letter M on it.

Yep, Piantette liked Mario!!  She had liked him for ages . . . well, she liked how he always saved Princess Peach. She wished that she was kidnapped! She would do anything for Mario.

"I've got to meet him," she thought one day. "How do I get close to him?"

Then it hit her. The Golden Pipes! She would need to find a Golden Pipe and take him to it! Then they could beat Bowser, and run off together!

So she set out for her quest for the Golden Pipe. Islé Delfino wasn't a big nation, so there weren't many places the pipe could be. So Piantette searched for days and days. Then she found it. She had found the Golden Pipe at last!

Now she needed to get to Mario. She knew what hotel he was staying at, so all she had to do was reach his room. THAT was easy.

As Piantette approached Mario's hotel suite, she grew nervous. What if he didn't like her? What if he HATED her?

Cautiously, she knocked.

Starlow came to the door. "Hello?" she asked her in a odd tone.

"Hello," Piantette said. "I'm here to see Mario."

"Do you have permission?" Starlow asked. "Because we're kinda like VIP's around here, so I don't know--"

Mario interrupted her. He came to the door. "Come in," he smiled. "I just hope you have some good news for us!"

--🌎--

Piantette sat down with Mario. "So, why are you here exactly?" he asked her.

"I have some good news for you," Piantette said. "I have read of your search for a Golden Pipe, and I found the one here in Islé Delfino!"

"Really?" Luigi asked, walking into the room. "We've been here for days, and I was starting to think we would never leave!"

Piantette smiled at Luigi. "I could take you guys to it," she said. "If you'd like."

"Well, yes, I'd like!" Mario said. Then he turned his head and yelled. "Rosalina! Someone here knows where the next Golden Pipe is!"

Rosalina walked in the room. "Hi," she smiled at the new girl. "You do know where it is?"

Piantette's face slumped. She really had hoped it would be just her and Mario. She was fine with Luigi, because she knew he was only Mario's brother, but with Rosalina here, it made her furious! Who did she think she was, barging in on Mario's life? It was bad enough already with the Mario & Peach couple thing, but now...

"Hello? Hello?" Mario asked, waving his hand in front of her face.

"OH! Sorry!!!" Piantette laughed. She turned to Rosalina and had a menacing look. "I was just thinking about someone . . ."

Rosalina immediately saw the evil flare up in Piantette. She jumped back in surprise, but no one noticed.

"When can you take us?" Mario asked her.

"Tomorrow," Piantette said, blushing. "Tell your group to meet me at the bottom of the Corona Volcano tomorrow morning. I'll be your guide!"

"That's great!" We'll be there!" Mario said. He showed Piantette to the exit.

"Goodbye," Piantette said, making a flirty wave towards Mario.

Mario shut the door. "Whoosh," he said.

Rosalina have him a puzzled look. She slumped against the wall, arms crossed. "I don't like that girl one bit," she told him.

"I do," Mario said. "I'm happy she knows where the Golden Pipe is. Maybe she could even join our group!"

Rosalina laughed. "I don't think so," she said. "We've got six people, and it's getting kind of full."

"Relax," Mario said. "You're stressed. And I can see why. I don't really understand how to break the lock on the Bowser Galaxy door back in that room either, but we'll find a way somehow."

"Honestly I don't think we'll find the answer here in Islé Delfino," Rosalina laughed, walking towards the balcony. "Even though I don't even know what we're looking for!"

"Well figure it out," Mario coaxed her. "Let's just relax now..."

They stood there, enjoying the view.

The next morning, Mario gathered Luigi, Rosalina, Starlow, Sprix and Toad to the Corona Volcano. It was a little off the beaten path though, but who cares??

At last they reached the bottom of the mountain, and out stepped Piantette from the shadows. "You're here!" she laughed. "All of you."

Rosalina gave her a quizzical look.

"Well," Mario said, bringing everyone together. "Let's get climbing!"