18: Brooklyn

Beginne am Anfang

"I see, so how did they the two get to her?" I ask also becoming intrigued. 

"Liz and Patty were the first ones that accepted her as a witch. Accepted who she truly was, besides me of course."

Hang on a minute, Connor is implying that Patty and Liz know Sam. They've met, but when? How? What circumstances? Not just that, but they knew that Sam was a witch?! How?

I turn to Liz with a questioning. Patty was too busy swinging on her chair to actually notice what was going on around her. Liz looked just as confused as I was. 

"Wait a minute!" Liz shouts standing up abruptly and her eyes wide with terror. "You're not saying that Sam was the one that saved Patty's life that day, are you?!"

Connor shrugs and kicks his feet up onto Sam's bed. I feel myself tense at the action, but I can't do anything about it. Connor's practically her family.

"I dunno. Am I? You tell me. Does anything seem familiar about her? Or does this sounds like something you heard? She gave you a piece of advice while you were in Brooklyn running a muck. Something along the lines of, follow the reaper.

Liz gasped and Patty has tuned in at this point. Her eyes widen in realisation. Follow the reaper? What the hell does that even mean?!

"What is all this?" I asked completely lost. With everything they're saying I find that I'm just a piece of wood at sea whilst they're on a ship altogether understanding each other. I'm just left out, so what the hell is going on?

Liz sat down with a blank look on her face, almost like she just found out her whole life was a lie. She began mumbling about how Sam had disappeared straight after the incident, and how she feels guilty for not recognising both her and Connor.

Still left in the dark here...

"Can someone tell me what's going on? Please? What happened in Brooklyn?" I pressed on begging for answers.

Liz ad Patty said nothing so I turned to Connor. He cleared his throat and adjusted his shirt that seemed to be bugging him before staring intensely towards Sam and the girls.

"As most heart warming things, this story takes place on a stormy night in Brooklyn."

Sam's P.O.V:

This place is a jungle! It's so big and I feel so damn small! It's not a nice feeling! All these buildings that still seem to be in sight when I look straight up, as well as the millions of twinkling stars above my head, but that's not the point!

The people walking along the streets keep glancing back and forth at me. It's like they're assessing me and trying to figure out what my deal is.What is my deal? I don't even know, so if someone else could tell me, that would be great.

The fact that they can see me though, that means I'm not dead, right? So, I'm alive, but in alternate universe, right?

Looking around the street I'm strolling upon, street vendors are open which is surprising for this time at night. I've never seen such things. Modern day sure is different.

What am I saying? I know this... I know street vendors are open this late, how is it surprising? And modern day?! What is this?

Great, I'm beginning to feel slightly light headed now. Ugh the world is spinning! Cut it out! I smack my head a couple of times to get myself thinking straight. In the lack of concentration I stumble into a passerby making them dropped the flyers they were carrying, and a mess to be made of the street. The man curses and begins picking up the ones that haven't flown away in the wind.