Chapter 14 Part 1

Chapter 14

Jenna’s POV

“Why did I get you to talk me into this…” I muttered to Lei as we approached Kane’s house. It felt like déjà vu in a way because he had another party no more than a month ago. Is his parent ever even home?

“Because you love me. You know you want to mess with Daniel for what he did anyways.” She admitted.

“Maybe.”

Lei grinned and rang the doorbell.

I wasn’t surprised that it was Kane who answered it. He had a smug smirk on his stupid handsome face. “And how are you two lovely ladies doing today?”

“Kane we just want to get into the party.” Lei sighed. “Can we please come in?”

He shook his head. He was clearly drunk. “Nope. Not until I get a kiss from Jen.”

I scoffed. “I’m not kissing you.”

“Okay.” Kane leaned closer towards me and smiled. “Well, then you don’t come in.”

My eyes caught Daniel behind him on his couch with some of the other guys. There seemed to be bunch of people there. He had glanced at us but when he noticed me looking, he turned away and took a swig of the beer bottle in his hands.

“Jenna, let’s just go and let Kane be the drunk asshole he was born to be.” Lei told me.

Kane touched his chest. “Ouch, Lei.”

She rolled her eyes.

I grinned at her and then turned back to Kane. “You really want a kiss?”

His eyes ran over my body before meeting my eyes again. “Hell yeah.”

I took a step up to him and smirked. My arms wrapped around his neck while I leaned a little closer towards him. “You really really want a kiss?” I murmured, my lips intentionally brushing against his. “Well, you have to let us in. And then maybe I’ll give you one.“ I told him and pulled away.

“Fine.” He stepped aside and Lei and I walked past him.

While I followed after Lei, Kane grabbed my arm and crushed his lips against mine. One of his hands held my arm so I wouldn’t go anywhere and the other slipped through my hair. He bit my bottom lip and automatically I opened my mouth under his. The kiss was incredibly heated for some reason and surprised me how much I responded to it.

Kane was the first to pull away. His lips were red and I’m sure mine was the same. “That’s the kind of kiss I was looking for.”

I blushed, not even understanding why I was in the first place.

He ran his thumb over my cheek and licked his lips. “I like it when you blush.”

I turned away from him and stomped my way into the house. Why is it that every time he kisses me, I kiss him back? Maybe I still do have a tiny bit of feelings left for him? But only a tiny bit.

“What was that?” Lei asked me over the loud music blaring from Kane’s speakers.

“I really don’t know.” I mumbled, making my way to the kitchen where the drinks were. “I need a drink.”

I took one of the red plastic cups and poured myself a drink from the body left out. I took a sip of it, getting used to the taste a bit before jugging it down. I ignored the burning in my throat but liked how it melted away the thoughts about everything. But only for a second.

I snatched the bottle I had used and took a swig of it.

“Might want to slow down there.”

I didn’t need to turn around to know that it was Daniel.

I took another gulp of the alcohol. “What I do shouldn’t concern you.” I snapped at him.

“I didn’t say it did.” He set an elbow on the counter beside me. His eyes scanned over my body before it met mine. “So, you and Kane?”

I glared at him. “Yeah, me and Kane. Have a problem with that?”

“Not one bit.” He licked his lips and leaned in closer until our faces were only an inch apart. “But if this is just a way to get back at me, don’t try it.” He glanced at Kane across the room and looked back at me. Frowning, he took the bottle from my hand and took a sip of it too. “Or you’ll just be breaking another heart.” He told me and made his way up the stairs.

I stared up after him in shock. He just said that I’d be ‘breaking another heart’.

Did I break his heart?

Making up my mind, I ran up the stairs after him.

__________________________________________

Really short! Sorry! :(