Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Jenna’s POV

I smiled as I got into Lei’s car. “Hey, Lei.”

“Hey, sexy.” She grinned. I took in her gold short dress she had on and smiled. “What took you so long?”

“Talking to my Uncle Leo.”

She started the car. “Your father’s prick brother? What is he doing here?”

“He needs a place to stay.” I told her. Before she could protest, I cut her off. “He’s my dad’s brother, Lei. Besides, it’s probably what my dad would have wanted too.”

She sighed, shaking her head. “You’re way too nice, J.”

I laughed at that. I don’t even know what’s gotten into me. I have become way too nice…

Daniel’s POV

“Iris, hurry up. I’m going to be late.”

“I’m almost done. Stop complaining.” Iris told me as she continued to iron my black dress shirt.

Phoebe peeked at me again and quickly covered her eyes. “Danny’s still naked Iris! Hurry and give him his shirt!”

I chuckled at her. I had on a wife beater at least. But she still considered that as naked.

“I’m going as fast as I can, sweetie.” Iris told her. “Just cover your eyes a bit longer.”

“Are you done yet?” Phoebe asked, slowly pulling one hand off of her eyes again. She squealed and put it back.

“By a bit longer, I didn’t mean two seconds, Pheebs.”

“Oh…” She muttered. “Done now?”

Iris stopped ironing and set the iron down. Smiling, she handed me my shirt. “Done!”

I took the shirt from her and shrugged it on. “You know, you didn’t need to iron my shirt.”

“I know! But I wanted to!” She squealed. “My baby’s going on his first date!”

I blushed and turned away from her, continuing to button up my shirt. I swear, she’s like a mom I never wanted. “Shut up, Iris. It’s not even a real date.”

“Pheebs! Doesn’t your brother look handsome?” Iris asked Phoebe. She nodded giddily.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them amusingly as I grabbed my jacket.

Jenna’s POV

“You really know how to clean yourself up, don’t you?” I teased Daniel when he finally got to the restaurant.

He took a step closer to me so I’d have to look up to him. He was really more handsome than I thought when he actually tried to dress nice.

“I could say the same to you.” He smirked.

“Whatever. Come on, Lei’s waiting for us.” I turned around and started to go into the restaurant when Daniel’s hand caught my own. I ignored the tingles that crept up my arm.

“Were you waiting for me or something? Outside?” He asked me.

“Yeah. It was getting kind of awkward alone with those two.” I laughed.

His face twisted with concern. “But it’s cold out…”

“It doesn’t matter. Just come on.”

Daniel’s POV

Jenna still had her hand in mine when we stepped into the restaurant and weirdly, I don’t think she even realized it. The first thing I saw was Lei with her back facing us. When Jenna and I drew closer to the table I was surprised at who I saw was sitting beside her. It was Ethan, the guy I had turned in my application to.