Chapter 18

Sorry for the long wait. I don't want to lie to you guys and say I will post the next chapter soon because I don't know if I will.

This chapter is a little shitty if I might say, pardon my english. It was rushed and not really well thought out.

Eh, well enjoy!

_____________________________________________

Chapter 18

Jenna’s POV

Ethan pulled me into his arms and kissed the top of my head. That’s all he did when he caught wind of the news. He didn’t speak, he didn’t even cry with me. He just hugged me. And I was grateful for it because I was afraid if I spoke, I’d choke up with tears.

“Elena’s funeral will be in a couple of days.” I heard Uncle Leo tell Ethan.

I stayed in Ethan’s arms, taking his comfort as I turned to look at Uncle Leo. “When is it?”

“On Sunday.”

That was in a couple of days. It was only Friday.

“It’s just a small service for us.” Uncle Leo continued, mostly to me. “Only the people closest the family are coming.”

I nodded in understanding. “Mom wouldn’t want it any different.”

He gave me a soft smile. “I’m glad.”

Ethan started to pull away a bit, but I gripped ahold of his sleeves. He let out a laugh. “You always love my hugs.”

“Because they have magical powers.” I mumbled into his chest.

“Oh really?”

I nodded. “They turn warm when I want them to. They feel like home. But when they don’t hug me tight enough, they are aware I will cut them off if they don’t start.”

Ethan chuckled, pulling me closer to him. “Yes, ma’am!”

When I got back from the donut shop, I decided I needed to go back to school soon and planned to go back the day after I get closure from the funeral. It’s already been a couple of weeks after my mom’s death. If I stayed out any longer, I’d probably flunk and I know my parents wouldn’t want that. They’d want the best for me. There was only a good month left of school left.

When I woke up after a short nap, Uncle Leo was there taking a seat on my bed.

“Thought you’d never wake up, Jenny bear.” He said and kissed my forehead. “Slept well?”

I nodded, confused by his good mood. “Better than usual. Why are you so happy?”

“Guess who got a job?”

“What?” My eyes widened. “Seriously?”

“Yep, well I hope. I applied and they called me to come for an interview next week. It’s at some big law firm as an assistant, though. Nothing big.”

“Nothing big?” I asked incredulously. “That’s huge. Congratulations.”

“Thanks.” He smiled at me. “After everything that happened, we’re going to need some income coming in.”

“You’re staying here?” I wondered as I sat up on my bed. I pulled my knees up to my chest and frowned at him. “I thought you’d be the first one to duck and leave.”

He crossed his arms over his chest. “Do you think I’d do that to you?”

I shook my head. “I guess not.”