Chapter 3

You were my conscience, so solid, now you're like water

And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any further

But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom

But I'll get a new one and come back for the hope that you've stolen

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world

From turning into a monster and eating us alive

Don't you ever wonder how we survive?

Well now that you're gone, the world is ours

Monster by Paramore

Have you guys heard that song yet? It's one of their new ones. Its great!

Anyways enjoy the next chapter :)

It's pretty long so get your popcorn ready! Or fried chicken if you're one of those people who wraps it in foil to take it into the movie theatre!

xD

----------------------------------------

Chapter 3

I put the finishing touches to my make-up and then assessed myself in the mirror. “Not bad.” I muttered, grinning. I was wearing short jean shorts and a very tight, very revealing black blouse. At least I’ll mesh in with the crowd.

When I finally finished, I grabbed my skateboard from off my bed and made my way towards my mom’s bedroom. I felt my phone start to buzz in my pocket but chose to ignore it.

The door creaked open as I slowly pushed on it. It was dark, but as always I put on a small lamp light just in case she didn’t feel comfortable in the dark. I moved around to the side of her bed and grabbed her hand like I had done so many times before.

“Hey, mom.” I whispered, crouching down to my knees so that I was face-to-face with her. “I was just coming by to tell you that I was going to a party. I won’t be out long. I know how you never liked me to be out too long. It shouldn’t be more than three hours. I’m not going to do anything too bad.” I laughed despite myself. “Okay, I can’t be too sure about that. Of all people, you should know that.”

I looked at her face, expecting her eyes to open or something but as usual, that never happened. I sighed, squeezing her hand tighter.

“And I’m trying hard to get the money for your surgery, mom. I know that if you were awake, you wouldn’t want me to do what I do, but it’s for you. I want you here with me. Awake.” I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it. “I love you. I got to go now. I’ll see you later.”

I reluctantly let go of her hand and made my way out of her room. I walked over to the front door and slipped on my black converse. Then I was out the door, skating into the dark night.

Daniel’s POV

“Thank you for taking care of her, Iris. I really appreciate it.” I told her.

“No problem.” She said, gathering up Phoebe into her arms.

“Iris!” My little sister squealed, pulling at Iris’s hair. “I missed you!”

“Missed you too, Pheebs.” She smiled.

“Yay!” Phoebe cheered and looked over at me with her wide green eyes. “Iris missed me too, Danny!”

I smiled warmly at her. At least she was happy. “That’s great, Pheebs.”

“Just a couple of hours right?” Iris asked me.

“Yeah. Do you need money or anything…?”