Before

Before

            Niall and I had a long talk and decided that this was it. We were going to go our separate ways after this. We were going to love each other as much as we could before it was too late.

            The night before he had to leave Mom stayed at Donnie’s to give us some privacy. Thank you so much.

            Niall didn’t come over to my house until around seven. He knocked on the door which surprised me. He never knocked; he usually just walked in like he owned the place.

            As soon as I opened the door he pulled me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he buried his fingers into my hair.

            “Annabele.” he whispered into my ear.

            Thinking about how this was our last night together I started to tear up. He pulled away and ran the pads of his thumbs gently under my eyes.

            “I know, I know.” He whispered.

            He cupped my face and leaned in, kissing me. I opened my mouth deepening the kiss as I held onto his wrists. He traced my lower lip with his tongue. I pulled away before things could get too far before I wanted them to.

            “I made us dinner.” I said as he kissed my neck.

            “I don’t know if I want to eat right now.” he said.

            I laughed as his fingers tried to dance up my shirt. I pushed them away. “That’s funny coming from you.” I teased.

            I took his hand and led him to the kitchen. “It smells good, babe.” He told me.

*                      *                      *                      *                      *                      *                      *

            After dinner I put in a movie that I had rented. I don’t even remember what it was called or about. All I could focus on was Niall.

            “Do you want to go upstairs?” he asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

            Oh, what the hell? I nodded. “Yeah, let’s go.” I said.

            Niall stood up and took my hand, helping me up from the couch. He led me up the stairs and up to my bedroom.

            As soon as the door was shut and locked I was in his arms again. He kissed my lips softly.

            “I’m going to miss you so much.” he whispered.

            I felt like my chest was going to concave, it hurt so much. In both good and bad ways. I pulled back only to take off my shirt.

            Once it was off Niall kissed me again running his fingers over my lower back sending tingles and shivers up my spine. Next came off his shirt. Then my jeans, then his.

            By then we were both crying hard holding each other close. I wiped his tears away while he wiped mine away. I leaned in to kiss him and I could taste both of our tears on my lips.

            We laid back on my bed and Niall kissed my neck and collarbone. “I love you so much.” he said.

            He pulled off my bra and panties and I kissed him. He rolled on top of me as he kissed me back.

            The rest of his clothing came off. It was just us. He made us one person and I laid my forehead on his both of us breathing hard.

            I had a feeling that I would never get close to someone as I was with Niall. Physically, emotionally or spiritually, and I was okay with it.

*                      *                      *                      *                      *                      *                      *

            The next morning was a hard one. I went over to Zayn’s cousins to help Niall get ready for his flight. We weren’t speaking, just packing. It didn’t take long at all. He just had one bag. We said goodbye to Zayn’s family and then we were off.

            I drove while he stared out the window. It was my idea to drive, just so I had something to distract me.

            The whole time I was trying so hard not to cry. We arrived at the airport and I put the car in park. I looked down so that he couldn’t see the tears that were starting to escape my eyes.

            “Annabele…” He whispered looking at me taking my hand.

            No, he could not do this to me. Fuck him for making me feel guilty. Fuck him for making me love him as much as I did and do.  Just fuck him.

            I jerked my hand away and shook my head at him. I was done.

(Niall’s Point of View)

            I tried not to cry the whole time I was in the airport. How could she let me go so easily? My body kept jerking me around as if she was going to be there telling me that she wanted to be with me, but she didn’t come.

            Fuck her for letting me go. Fuck her for ruining us. Fuck her for abandoning me. Fuck her.