12

Warning-
FLUFF AND FLUFF AND EVEN MORE FLUFF

Day ninety-nine hits.

He's almost there-- Jimin's almost done it. One more day-- well, two more days, technically, but day one-hundred is when they return to the show. One more day in the dorms, telling Yoongi he loves him, and then that's it.

That's it.

They see each other at breakfast, but don't interact. Jimin spends his morning and then early afternoon in vocal and then dance practice; Yoongi is somewhere else, undisclosed. They're in the same room again at a late lunch back at the dorm, but Taehyung and Jeongguk and Namjoon are there, and it feels wrong to have any sort of exchange in front of the group, so nothing happens. Jimin has to admit, though, that he has no idea what this apparently inevitable exchange will entail. All he knows is that something is going to happen, something has to happen, and apparently everyone else knows it too, because Namjoon ushers Taehyung and Jeongguk out of the room a little before they're really done cleaning up from eating, and Jimin knows that it has to be for the sake of allowing Yoongi and Jimin to be alone together.

But once it's just the two of them, nothing happens. They both sit there in silence, not looking at each other, for a while, until Seokjin calls Jimin's name from across the dorm and threatens him to clean his room. By the time Jimin's escaped his hyung's threats, he can't find Yoongi anywhere in the dorm.

--

At 10:23 pm, Jimin gets a call. He knows who it is before he looks at the phone.

Yoongi.

"Hyung," Jimin greets.

"Jimin-ah," Yoongi says, and his words come out slowly, like he's carefully selecting them. "Come to the studio."

"Okay," Jimin says back.

"I want to play that song for you again."

The explanation wasn't necessary-- Jimin would have gone back to the building as Yoongi requested without needing a reason-- but he knows exactly what song Yoongi is talking about, and the knowledge makes his heart slam agains this chest.

Jimin's nervous the entire way to the building, trying to figure out how to non-awkwardly tell Yoongi he loves him once he gets to there. He doesn't come up with anything.

"Ey," Yoongi greets as he opens the door to the studio, but before Jimin can even settle into the discomfort of them sharing a space, Yoongi's ushering him in and speaking quickly. "Listen, listen to it," he orders, pointing Jimin to sit in a second chair next to the computer-- there was only one chair before, did Yoongi bring that in for Jimin?-- "listen to the song, there's something wrong with it, there's something missing. You need to tell me without missing." He double-clicks to play the song and then drops himself into the chair beside Jimin's like he means business.

A puzzle-- Jimin loves puzzles. It's perfect, the best distraction to get both of their minds off of the awkwardness and allow them to work together in peace for a little while.

The song is nearly done being recorded and mixed, and Jimin can hear the voices of every other member in it. Hoseok and Namjoon rap, Hoseok forlorn and Namjoon passionately, and Seokjin and Taehyung and Jeongguk all get their own choruses. The only voice he doesn't hear is his own, and when did Yoongi get everyone to record these parts?

"Your chorus is the last one," Yoongi explains, breaking Jimin from his thoughts. "So that's missing. But otherwise, I don't know, something's not right."

"Whoa whoa whoa," Jimin says, "I missed your verse, I wasn't paying attention. Let me listen to your part again."

Yoongi looks slightly reluctant, but he clicks to replay his verse anyway, and Jesus, it sounds so good, Jimin knew Yoongi's verse would sound incredible, what was Yoongi so worried about?