04

4.
On day fifty-seven, the group sits in the dressing room of one of the larger sound stages, filming for their next music video.

Already finished with his filming, Jimin goes to watch the other members do their closeups. When Yoongi walks by Jimin and onto the set to take his turn, Jimin sees something and stops Yoongi with a light touch on his arm. Yoongi turns to him.

"You have something on your face," Jimin explains.

Yoongi makes an "ah" expression of understanding and then gets that slack sort of look giving tacit permission to touch his face. Jimin raises his thumb to Yoongi's cheek and swipes at the eyelash that clings there, but it won't move.

He leans in closer and more carefully runs his finger across Yoongi's face. Yoongi is totally still beneath him.

Jimin finally captures the eyelash. "Got it," he announces, and Yoongi opens his eyes back up. Jimin thinks about asking Yoongi if he'd like to make a wish and blow the eyelash away, but then decides that Yoongi wouldn't be very into that, so Jimin makes his own wish and blows it away.

He realizes that he and Yoongi are quite close to each other. The older is staring at him.

"You took my wish," Yoongi says.

"What?" Jimin asks, surprised.

"You stole my wish," Yoongi accuses, looking the slightest bit affronted. "That was my wish."

"I didn't think you'd want it," Jimin defends. "Besides, you don't know that I actually did make a wish. I could've just been getting rid of the eyelash."

"I saw you make you a wish," Yoongi assures him, but Jimin sees a hint of a smile on his face. Jimin can't help but smile back.

"I love you, hyung," he hears himself say.

Jimin might be exhausted and making things up, and the light is pretty dim where they're standing on the set's periphery, but he thinks he sees the faintest pink tinging Yoongi's cheeks.

Hesitantly, Yoongi informs him, "you already said it today."

Jimin thinks about it. Huh. He did. It had been that morning, on their way out of the dorm.

"Oh," Jimin confesses, "I forgot."

"Yeah," is all Yoongi says.

"Yoongi-ah!" Their manager bellows from the set, and they both jump.

Yoongi quickly turns and walks towards the cameras, and Jimin settles in to watch the next set of filming.

Wow, he thinks, as someone holds one of those light-testing gadgets up to Yoongi's face. Jimin must really not be paying attention if he's said it twice in one day. Which doesn't make any sense, because he's been trying so hard lately to be so careful about it.

He wonders if this means he can skip saying it tomorrow.

No, he decides. He'll still want to say it anyway.

--

"Going to grab some food," Yoongi grunts as he enters the living room on day sixty-one, zipping up his coat.

"Okay," Jimin replies, because even though he didn't ask for that information-- actually, he didn't even know Yoongi was in the dorm in the first place. Jimin is the only person in the living room, so he guesses Yoongi's update was directed at him.

"Yeah," Yoongi says, fixing his clothes so he can leave. And then he just sort of starts rustling around the room.

Yoongi seems to be doing a lot of inexplicable rustling in Jimin's general vicinity lately. Jimin wonders if maybe he's looking for something. This seems like the kind of rustling around that someone would do if they couldn't find their glasses, like people in movies and on TV do. Yoongi doesn't wear glasses, but Jimin likes to imagine him with a blocky pair perched on his head as he fruitlessly searches for them in a cluttered room.

"Nothing good in the dorm to eat," Yoongi explains, even though he didn't really need to.

"Nope," Jimin agrees. Their fridge is slightly embarassing in its selection right now, but this always seems to happen at a certain point in promotions.

"Well then," Yoongi eventually says. "I'm going."

"Okay," Jimin says.

"I'll see you when I get back," Yoongi adds, lingering.

"Alright," Jimin says.

Yoongi makes to move, then halts himself.

Jimin's already told Yoongi he loves him today, so he's not really sure what Yoongi's weirdness is all about. Has Yoongi forgotten that Jimin had told him at breakfast?

"You're...are you hungry?" Yoongi asks.

"I just ate," Jimin says.

"Right," Yoongi says, looking strangely conflicted. "I can get you something."

"I'm not hungry," Jimin reminds him, "I just ate."

"Right," Yoongi says again, then stares at Jimin.

After a really long pause, Jimin realizes that maybe Yoongi wants company. But before he can say anything, Yoongi's heading out the door, a quick "bye" carrying back to Jimin. Maybe he didn't want company after all.

Weird.