01

"So!" the MC announces. "Park Jimin, which shall it be?"

Jimin looks at his choices. Three glittery placards hang from the wall the MC stands in front of.

Reflecting.

Bonding.

Giving.

Jimin is currently selecting the mission he'd like to undertake as part of a variety challenge for BTS. It's the whole gimmick for this new show they're on. It reminds him a bit of Hello Counselor, except that this show sends its celebrity guests away with their own little missions to complete. Which the hosts check back in on during the celebrities' next appearance, of course.

Earlier in that same recording, another idol group had video called in to happily chat about the hilarious but beneficial results of a mission in which they all had to give each other compliments every day for a month. It's totally over the top, but Jimin is into it. It's all in the name of self-growth and fostering truth within the team, after all. And, he reminds himself, it's good to challenge yourself every now and then.

And a challenge is even better when it's a challenge for multiple people. Right? It could improve some friendships, could bring the members even closer together. It would be fun! Right?

Jimin wants to do just that, to bring himself and the members closer together. He doesn't want to 'reflect' by himself, whatever that means, and also he doesn't really understand what the 'giving' option means either, so by process of elimination, he picks:

"Bonding."

The crowd oohs.

"Good choice!" says the MC. "A challenge between you and one other member! But, before you get to know the challenge, we're going to pick the group member who you will complete it with."

"I don't get to pick?" Jimin whines playfully. He already knew that he didn't get to, but he did kind of wish he could. Though, he guesses that might defeat the purpose of the 'challenge' altogether.

"Ah, Jimin, you know you can't pick!" The MC smiles. "Now, we actually already had your mission partner picked out!"

"Oh," Jimin says, surprised. "Okay!"

"Just in case you chose 'bonding', your mission partner was selected for you ahead of time!"

"Oh, great!"

"By your members!"

Oh.

Maybe...not so good.

Jimin fights to keep a smile on his face. He already knows who it's going to be.

"Suga!" The MC bellows. The crowd whoops and cheers. Jimin turns to see Yoongi, seated with the other members across the stage, raising a lazy hand in acknowledgment, his signature smirk already in place.

Jimin's already beginning to regret this.

"Here we go!" the MC says, returning to the wall covered in glittery placards. "Let's see what your mission will be!"

He pulls the Bonding placard off of the wall. The glittery red sign underneath it reads, "100 Days of Love."

"Ah yes!" the MC says, pleased. "The 100-day love challenge!"

Jimin's really beginning to regret this.

"Fantastic!" The MC turns back to Jimin. "This means that you, Park Jimin, must tell Suga every day for one hundred days that you love him."

Jimin watches as Yoongi's mouth drops open, which is pretty hilarious. It would probably be more hilarious if Jimin's jaw hadn't joined his on the floor.