10

Woohoo double digit
In the early afternoon of day eighty-nine, Yoongi shuts the door behind him and is immediately pelted in the head by a balled-up pair of socks.

Yoongi freezes, a scrunched-up expression stuck on his face.

"HYUNG!" Jimin shrieks. "Hyung, come over to my side! HYUNG!"

Yoongi opens his eyes to locate Jimin, who's peering from his crouch behind his pillow and couch barricade.

"DON'T DO IT!" Taehyung screeches from the other side, and Yoongi jolts. He glances at Taehyung's side, then looks back to Jimin.

Jimin makes his most desperate puppy eyes possible.

On the other side of the room, where Taehyung is, stands another (Jimin can admit it) far superior barricade; it's composed of several pieces of furniture, adorned by sheets and way more pillows-- it's basically a militarized blanket fort. Jimin's single-couch defense is pitiful in comparison.

Yoongi's eyes dart back and forth between the barricades for a moment, and then he rushes over to Jimin's side. He slides into place on the floor beside Jimin. Jimin punches the air triumphantly at the arrival of an ally.

"How did this happen?" Yoongi opens as Jimin frantically balls up more orphan socks into bombs.

"Tae and Guk doing laundry," Jimin explains. "And then Hoseok went to 'help' them with folding..." Yoongi rolls his eyes.

"Yoongi!" Hoseok shouts from the other fort. "You traitor! How could you pick Minnie's side!"

"If Namjoon-hyung were here he would be on my side!" Jimin shouts back, though he's not so sure about that. He's actually pretty confident the leader would pick his side based on wherever Seokjin was. It's actually a good thing neither Namjoon nor Seokjin are here--Namjoon didn't come back with Yoongi from the studio-- so they couldn't disprove Jimin's statement.

Without warning, two more bombs are lobbed at Jimin and Yoongi. Jimin curses.

"Why do they have three and you're by yourself?" Yoongi asks suspiciously.

"I might've said something about being able to take them all on by myself..." Jimin mumbles. He shamefully looks away and balls up more pairs of socks.

Yoongi sighs. "This isn't looking too good for you," he announces. "I mean, they have a whole blanket fort. I don't think you're gonna win."

"Not with that attitude we're not!" Jimin scolds. He stands and quickly throw three sock bombs in a row, then drops back down into his crouch.

Thankfully, one of the bombs seems to hit Hoseok. "Ah, shit!" he calls, and there's a loud thump as something-- probably Hoseok-- hits the floor. "Right in the eye! Goddammit, Park Jimin!"

"HOBI," Taehyung announces dramatically, "HOBI-HYUNG, DON'T LET GO! DON'T GIVE IN! NO, HOBI, I WILL AVENGE YOU!"

"Where is hyung," Yoongi asks with some desperation.

"Grocery store!" Jimin cheers, peeking out from the side of the couch. Immediately, Jeongguk delivers a war cry and lobs a suspiciously large sock bomb at Jimin. Jimin shrieks and ducks back behind his barricade.

"Come out here, you wimps!" Taehyung shouts, following up Jeongguk's attack with, inexplicably, a banana.

Yoongi eyes the banana as it lands with a thump between him and Jimin.

"Sustenance!" Jimin declares, tucking the banana away under a pillow.

Yoongi's eyes close.

"Jesus, when Seokjin-eomma shows up," he says.