07

Jimin and Yoongi stand beside each other at the kitchen sink doing dishes on day eighty. Jimin washes as Yoongi dries.

It was actually just Jimin's turn to the dishes, but Yoongi had randomly volunteered to help. Something about them being together, though, is markedly different in Jimin's mind; somehow it's more relaxed, and comforting, than it's ever been. Jimin always used to have to fill the spaces between himself and Yoongi with words; now, suddenly, there's no need to talk.

Jimin passes Yoongi a plate, and as he does it, he says softly for the first time that day, "I love you, hyung."

Yoongi looks up at him from the plate he's just been handed with big, surprised eyes. Jimin stares back, feeling his face heat up.

A second later they're back to washing and drying. When Jimin hands Yoongi the next dish to dry, though, Yoongi takes the dish with one hand and quickly reaches out and catches Jimin's hand with the other.

Yoongi holds Jimin's hand like that, suspended over the space between the soapy sink and the dried dishes. Yoongi looks down at where they're connected. Jimin can't do anything but look at Yoongi's face.

Their hand hold is incredibly awkward, and yet, Yoongi looks like maybe he's seeing something incredible there in the place where they're joined, like he can't believe whatever he sees there. And Jimin realizes that there's some feeling in the connection, something that alights within him, that makes him want to grip Yoongi's hand back, to hold it tighter and pull Yoongi even closer.

"Hyung," Jimin begins carefully, scared by this reaction he's having to the touch. But he doesn't know what else to say.

Yoongi doesn't even seem to hear. He just swipes at a bit of foam on Jimin's hand with his thumb. It feels like Yoongi is stroking Jimin's hand through the hand-hold.

"Yoongi-hyung," Jimin tries again, quieter this time. Yoongi's eyes finally snap to his.

"Jimin-ah," he says in his low voice, looking right at Jimin, and his eyes are dark, darker than Jimin's ever seen them. Jimin swallows. Yoongi seems to be moving closer, his face tilting forward, towards Jimin, and Jimin doesn't know what's going to happen but without even meaning to he's leaning forward too-- and then--

"TURN UP!" Taehyung screams from down the hallway, and both Jimin and Yoongi jump five feet in the air.

Jimin clasps a hand over his chest as he experiences a mini heart-attack.

There's a loud crashing sound, and then a pair of feet stomp down the hallway, closely chased by another pair.

Some part of Jimin not scared witless registers that his other hand is tingling in the absence of Yoongi's touch.

Taehyung suddenly whips his head around the doorway to the kitchen. "Turn up!" he shouts at Jimin and Yoongi, right before Jeongguk's dark head of hair materializes behind him. Jeongguk yanks the older back by his shirt, into the hallway and out of Jimin and Yoongi's sight.

"Let me go!" Taehyung shrieks. "I'm not doing anything to anyone!"

"Leave them alone!" Jeongguk says, sounding harried. The maknae's struggle to drag Taehyung away from the kitchen makes a huge racket. "You come back here and clean up the fucking mess you made!"

"Turn up!" Taehyung cries again.

"Enough, enough with the 'turn up!'"

"Turn up!" Taehyung sobs insistently. There's a loud scuffle as he presumably tries to escape Jeongguk's clutches at the end of the hall. "Turn up, turn up, turn up!"