Jimin should check the time on his phone or ask someone else in the room or something to answer Yoongi's question, but it doesn't matter. He's already got his answer. "I love you, hyung," he whispers back.

Yoongi really does smile back this time. His eyes fall shut. He looks gorgeous.

Right then, something crashes into them. Jimin yelps and clutches to Yoongi, who automatically tightens his hold on Jimin, chillness immediately obliterated.

It turns out to have been a drunk Jeon Jeongguk, who has barreled straight into them, presumably while imitating a bull. Judging by the surprised expressions of the others-- aside from Hoseok, who is clutching his side in a fit of laughter-- everyone else is just as caught off guard. Seokjin's and Namjoon's dancing has halted, and Seokjin holds onto Namjoon's arm, looking over at Jeongguk with a mix of alarm and suspicion.

Jeongguk is in a heap on the floor, his face smushed into Yoongi's knees. When he lifts his head, he's got a hazy smile on his face. Jimin knows he and Yoongi must be a sight-- Jimin seated atop Yoongi's lap, the two of them leaning away from Jeongguk and clutching to each other with bewildered expressions. Their expressions probably become even more priceless when Jeongguk's smile drops and he makes a face like he's about to hurl.

Immediately Jimin feels himself being moved and then he's being lifted over and away from the hunched-over Jeongguk, and he realizes belatedly that he is being carried by Yoongi. He still hasn't wrapped his head around the situation by the time he's being deposited on his feet on the other side of the room.

Jimin turns his head to try and catch what's happening with Jeongguk back by the couches, but he's already being pulled by his wrist out of the room and down the hallway by Yoongi. The last thing he catches is Seokjin stalking across the room towards Jeongguk like he means business, Namjoon belatedly chasing after Seokjin and making panicked "wait, wait!" gestures.

"Hyung," Jimin says plaintively, but he doesn't really mind that much that he's being pulled away. Quickly, they're arrived at Jimin's room, and Yoongi gently, if hastily, guides Jimin to sitting on his own bunk. Jimin looks up to find Yoongi pacing before him.

"We don't want to get caught up in that," he says, and Jimin mostly agrees. Though he would kind of like to see Jeongguk get in trouble with Seokjin-- but he could go back at any time and catch the ass-whooping. Right now, he's more interested in what's got Yoongi so worked up.

Yoongi pauses and then, inexplicably, drops to his knees in front of Jimin.

"Jimin-ah," Yoongi chastises, his voice rough, "why are you wearing your shoes in the dorm? Come on." He starts to untie and remove Jimin's shoes.

Jimin is deeply confused, butsome part of his mind says, just go with it, why complain when this is actually kind of nice?, so he doesn't say anything. Meanwhile, Yoongi tugs off Jimin's shoes with what are at first jerky, and then careful and slow, movements.

"Fucking Jeon Jeongguk," Yoongi mutters under his breath, and Jimin laughs. Yoongi looks up at him.

"You're so weird," Jimin says affectionately.

Yoongi looks down and attends to Jimin's socks as well, which is actually kind of unnecessary, but Jimin doesn't complain. He likes the feel of Yoongi's hand gently cupping his bare foot.

"Hey," Jimin says, smiling, "what about a foot rub?" He kicks his foot a bit in Yoongi's grip. When Yoongi doesn't respond, Jimin whines and kicks his foot again.

Yoongi scowls. "You're spoiled."

"You're the one who spoils me," Jimin complains back.

Yoongi's face changes.

"You deserve the best," he murmurs to the floor. "Only the absolute best for you, Pa--" inexplicably, he cuts himself off, "--Jimin-ah." He locks eyes with Jimin. "Only the best."

Keeping eye contact, Yoongi leans forward and rests the side of his face against Jimin's knee. His gaze burns through Jimin.

Jimin reaches a hand forward to touch Yoongi's face, but before he can reach it, someone rushes into the doorway, talking rapidly.

"Hyung, you gotta get out there, they're gonna-- oh," Hoseok, with a confused look, halts himself. "Sorry, am I-- am I interrupting something?"

Hoseok asks the question totally respectfully, not suggestively or rudely, at all and Jimin's reflex is to say of course not, but he can't help but think, yes, you are. Yoongi, on the other hand, glares at Hoseok from where his head is still pillowed on Jimin's knee. "What?"

"Oh," Hoseok says. "Right. Uh, there's a rap battle about to begin out there, Namjoon and Jeongguk and me, and I said I would come get you." He looks unsure as he says it, like he realizes he's being disruptive.

Yoongi sighs and closes his eyes. "Alright," he says to Hoseok. "Gimme a minute."

"Right," Hoseok repeats back nervously, and then he's gone from the room.

Yoongi gives Jimin a final look before he pulls himself up from the ground with a groan. "I gotta get out there," he says, sounding not very excited about it. He turns to leave.

"Hyung." Jimin catches Yoongi's wrist, and Yoongi turns back. "Don't be too rough on them, okay? Just try to to have a good time."

Yoongi stares for a moment and then turns. As he moves away, though, he links pinkies with Jimin. It feels like he's reluctant to let go when he does.