[7. Love Me]

"Don't lie to me. You're an ass. You can't just go around saying that shit." I wasn't going to take this from Liam. It hurt to see him lie to me this way.

"Okay, so maybe I did go along with the fucking plan but I didn't know I loved you. I figured it out along the way. I had a hunch and hoped that going along with the plan would help me. I just didn't want to admit it to myself or you. I wanted to believe I still loved or liked Niall." He was trying hard to put together his words to make sense of it all.

"You knew this whole time?! What the hell Liam? Here you're watching me struggle and–bullshit! I call bullshit on it."

If he did love me like he says, then he should've noticed all those little things I did for him. He couldn't have been so blind to not notice that he was more than a friend to me. How I almost begged for any contact with him.

"I'm an idiot, Louis. I just ruined a relationship, our friendship for something that can't be real. You don't love me. You love someone else. Let's pretend that I never said any of it. Okay?" He was turning not to face me. It was like he was rejecting me. I don't think I ever took it too well.

"You can't say you love me and then expect me to forget it. I can't believe you're taking the piss out of it."

He can't ask me to forget he said those words. They meant everything to me. Why would he ask me to pretend like it wasn't meant to be said? We both love each other.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave...maybe I can call you later?" He looked me in the eye this time. I hadn't realized that he had been trying to make it okay. I've been caught up on me dealing with my own emotions when he's got his too.

"Liam? I love you. Don't leave. We can try and figure this out but don't leave. Because if you do it, then you'd be leaving for good and I don't take too kindly to that kind of hurt." I choked the last words. At the end of the day I cried like the rest of them. Sure, I never liked to but I was only human. He knows I hate rejection and people leaving. Someone leaving felt like rejection.

"Love? Don't cry, Louis..." He hugged me. I didn't want to be hugged because I knew that I'd fall more for him. And I was already whipped for him.

"Lou? We're in love. I believe you and I wouldn't leave after we both said it. I wouldn't say I'd stay and make love to you because we still haven't had a real first date. I would lie with you like we do from time to time and talk the random shit we do. Stay up until we could no longer keep our eyes open."

He said it so gently that I let myself hug him and cry a little longer. Liam kept caressing my back and it felt so soothing. I almost felt like I could fall asleep if he kept going.

"That's sounds nice." I probably sounded like a frog. And I was able to kiss Liam with actual love and receiving it too.

There's more to talk but right now I'll live in the moment. And I'll sleep cuddled up next to him. That's all I want right now.

{a/n}
June 26, 2016

asleepdeprived thanks for all the support and reminding me of this story!

I can take forever, I know 🙁

Vote, comment, share