[4. The Confirmation]

Liam's POV

"So you're dating Louis?" Harry asks. We're both seated down waiting for Niall.

"Yeah, did he tell you?" I decided that I would stall. I wasn't sure how he was going to react. He told me he liked Louis at one point. I'm not sure if he'll believe it. I told him I loved Niall but that was two years ago.

"No, Niall and I saw you two at the restaurant we were dining in. Niall wanted us to go say hi but you kissed Louis and we knew it was a date."

It was hard to see Harry's emotions. He had a poker face. It's almost as if he didn't care. But I thought he loved Louis.

"Yeah, we went out on a date. Do you mind? I should've asked first." Now, I feel awkward.

"It's fine. I was surprised that's all. I thought you liked Niall, you know?" He shrugs off.

"Louis just sorta asked me out and I said yes." It's kind of the truth. I'm not going to go into details and Harry wouldn't ask anyway.

"I'm happy if you're happy. Make him happy, okay?" I nodded.

"You still like...love Louis?" I asked after a short silence.

"Does it matter? You're going out with him. You make him happier than I've ever seen him." Harry has always been one to be too kind. It's like he would try to look at the positives in everything. I'd be pissed and upset if I was him.

"What if I wanted him to be my boyfriend? That changes things. You like him."

"Liam, you can cut the crap. I know you two are official. Louis has it posted everywhere on his social media."

I'm the one embarrassed. I didn't want to be hurtful. Then again I was only thinking about myself when I said yes to Louis' proposal. I felt like a horrible friend.

"You were just confirming what Louis posted. You were the confirmation."

"I'm sorry. Didn't want to go behind your back."

He looked upset. Harry couldn't hide it anymore. He was upset. I did this to him. My selfish actions were the ones that hurt him. All so I could get Niall? I wanted to confess everything at that moment. Maybe I will.

"Liam!" Niall hugs me. "I missed you." He kisses my cheek and I don't let go immediately.

"Niall." I grin. He just makes me happy with that smile of his.

"You know what I heard? It was the most upsetting news."

"No, I was just talking to Harry." I would tell Harry. Yeah, he deserved to know.

"I heard from Louis that you two are dating! Why didn't you tell me?!" I get a smack on my arm.

"Why does everyone know quicker than...I've got to talk to Lou." I shook my head. I thought Louis would wait for me to make decisions in our fake relationship.

"I hate you. Now, I've got no single friend to go out with. No drinking buddy." Niall was basically whining.

"You've got me." Harry pouted.

"You're basically up Louis' ass. You'll have to back off. He's got a hot daddy." Niall winked at me. I'm not going to lie but I blushed.

"You're sounding jealous Niall. What's Louis going to say?" Harry said.

Was Niall jealous of me? Or did Harry just say that. Fuck, I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Maybe Niall will realize that he loves me. He just might.

{a/n}
February 6, 2016

Vote, comment, share?