Chapter 27: Not again

Maddy's pov

Calum and I were basically surviving off chips and bread this week.. It was definitely time to go grocery shopping.
Thank god I had just gotten my paycheck because we needed it.

"Maddy you ready?" I heard Calum call from downstairs.

"Ya one sec" I yelled back as I grabbed my money and phone, heading downstairs.

We got into his car and headed to the nearest grocery store, as we discussed what we needed to buy during the car ride.

"We need milk, water, icecream-" Calum began

I cut him off

"ITALIAN BREAD"  I added.

"Italian bread" he laughed.

I smiled writing down everything he said.

He parked the car and we both got out and grabbed a grocery cart as we made our way into the store.

I ran straight for the Italian bread making Calum laugh.

"You really love Italian bread don't you?" Calum asked.

"Damn straight motherfuxker" I said giving him a smile.

He shook his head and laughed as I put the bread into the cart.

"We gotta get this" I said grabbing a thing full of cookies. (don't judge me)

I noticed Calum didn't respond so I looked over at him to see him staring at something in the distance.

"Calum?" I said trying to get his attention.

He looked at me for a second and said "he's doing it again"

What did that mean??

"Who's doing what again?" I asked nervously.

I could tell Calum was angry by the look in his eyes.

"Mark.. He's got another girl"

My eyes widened as I looked over to see a girl about my age looking miserable as ever. Beside her was my worst nightmare.. Mark.

She looked up at us and I gave her a sorry look.

"We gotta help her.." I stated feeling terrible because I knew exactly what she was going through.

She stared at us for a few minutes before Mark noticed and he pulled her arm making her walk away.

I seen him whisper something to her.

Calum must've heard what he said because he instantly told me we needed to go.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as we made our way to the front of the store to check out.

"He said that she's gonna regret looking at us.. Maddy he's going to hurt her" Calum stated worriedly.

"Do I call the cops?" I asked.

"No Mark will notice.. Uh Maddy act like you're going to the bathroom and call from there" Calum whispered I nodded and made my way to the bathroom.

I locked myself in a stall and proceeded to call the police.

"Hello? Um I'm at a local grocery store and my ex is here. I think he's abusing his new girlfriend.." I stated not really knowing how to say it.

"Please come quick I really don't want her to go what I went through.." I begged the woman on the phone.

"Ok honey we are tracing your location now. The police will be there in 5 minutes watch them and make sure they don't leave" she told me.

"Ok I will" I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

I hung up and made my way back to Calum looking around to see if Mark was still here.

Good he was.

"So?" Calum whispered

"They'll be here in 5 minutes.. God I hope it's not to late" I sighed.

"It's ok we will have him arrested I promise you" he whispered, looking me in the eyes.

I nodded and looked over at Mark and the girl.

The police better hurry up..

I heard the sirens and I seen Mark tell his girlfriend to follow him.

All of the sudden I seen the cruisers pull up to the front of the store and 2 officers got out and ran into the store.

I called them over and told them they ran to the back of the store and pointed in their direction.

All of the sudden I seen the officer come back with mark in handcuffs and he looked at me with pure hatred.

He tried to get out of the officer's grip, finally giving up and looking at me again.

"You're gonna regret this b*tch" he muttered through his teeth.

Calum had his hand on my lower back to reassure me I was fine.

In reality I was frightened.. I knew they wouldn't keep Mark in jail. The police never did shet.. But it gave me time to help the girl and that's all I wanted.

She came over to us and I noticed she was crying.

"Are you okay?" I questioned her.

"I think so.." She wiped her tears "how'd you know?" She asked.

"I was in your situation for years.. I was not gonna see you suffer like I did" I stated.

She hugged me and whispered "thank you"

I then knew my decision on calling the cops was worth it.. Even if it would bite me in the ass later on.

SOO there's that chapter.. Hope y'all liked it:) hopefully Mark is gone forever, but who knows?

Much love xx