Chapter 21: Somethings wrong

Maddy's pov

Ever since I got the job at the cafe I've been trying to get as many hours in as possible to help Calum out with paying for things around the house.

I was working all week which sucked because I wanted to hang with Calum, but hey I couldn't complain I was making money.

I heard the bell ring, notifying me that someone was entering the door of the cafe.

I looked over at the door to see Michael.

"Hey Mikey" I gave him a small smile.

"Hey Maddy" he said sitting down at the high top in front of me.

"You want me to go get Erin?" I asked him, figuring he wanted to talk to her.

"Actually I came to talk to you about Calum" he stated.

I felt my stomach turn..

Did he know about my crush??

Oh god

"Whatcha mean?" I questioned nervously.

"He hasn't been coming to band practice at all this week and well he's barely answering my texts.. If he does it's only one word answers" he explained.

"That's weird" I said making him a coffee.

"I was hoping you knew what was going on with him" Michael added.

"Sorry I wish I did, but I've been working all week so I didn't even know he was skipping band practice" I sighed worried about Calum.

"I'll talk to him tonight" I told Michael.

He nodded and thanked me as I handed him his coffee.

          ~~~~~

When I got home later on that night Calum was sitting on the couch watching tv.

I walked into the living room and stood in the doorway.

"Guess who stopped at the cafe today?" I asked him.

He shrugged barely looking at me.

I came and sat beside him

"Michael told me you weren't going to band practice.. You wanna talk about it?" I asked him putting my hand on his shoulder.

"It's nothing" he shrugged looking at the tv.

I sighed

"Calum you know you can tell me anything" I told him.

"Maddy I said it's nothing Jesus!" He started to get mad, as he got up and made his way into the kitchen.

I got up following him.

Something was wrong with him and I wasn't gonna stop Asking until he told me what was upsetting him.

"Fine if you don't wanna tell me I understand, but you can't just take it out on the boys and miss band practice. Talk to them about it.." I stated trying not to get mad.

"I'm not taking it out on anybody ok?!" He said getting more mad.

"That's the thing Calum! You are! You're right now! Do you not hear yourself? I'm trying to help you and you're being an asshole" I yelled getting more pissed off with him by the minute.

"Whatever if I'm such an asshole I'll get outta your hair! I'm going to Michaels" he said grabbing his keys and slamming the door behind him.

I couldn't help, but start crying as I watched him leave. 

Why was he getting so defensive?

I was just asking him what was wrong.

I'm sorry for caring about you..

I'm sorry that I was starting to fall for you...

It didn't matter anymore

What's wrong with Calum?? Maddy loves him?? Hope you liked this chapter:)

Much love xx