Chapter 16: First Gig

Calum's pov

The gig was tonight and I couldn't be anymore nervous than I was right now.
The boys and I have been practicing our asses off for the past couple of weeks.
I knew we were ready, but I still couldn't help but feel the nerves take over me.

"Calum it's going to be ok. I'll be right there cheering you on from the crowd" Maddy reassured me, her hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks Maddy" I said placing my hand on hers.

I heard the kitchen door open and Michaels voice say "sorry I hope I'm not interrupting anything"

Maddy laughed

"Nope you're good" she told him.

"You ready dude? We gotta go set up our stuff the shows in 2 hours" Michael stated.

I looked at Maddy and she nodded

"You got this Calum"

I got up and made my way upstairs to grab my bass.

Michael headed outside and I said goodbye to Maddy.

"See you in an hour" I said as I hugged her goodbye.

"See ya cal, good-luck" she kissed my cheek.

I felt my cheeks getting warm so I thanked her and left quickly.

I got into Michael's car and he smirked at me as backed out of the driveway.

"Whattt?" I questioned.

"What happened in there? You're smiling like an idiot" Michael just kept smirking at me.

"She kissed me on the cheek that's all" I shrugged trying not to smile.

"Uhmmm"

            ~~~~~~

Maddy's pov

The cafe was starting to fill up and I   knew Calum was probably shetting himself.

"Hey Maddy!" I heard a familiar voice call my name as I turned around to see Abby.

"Hey girly" I smiled widely.

"You excited for the show?" She questioned.

"Yeeess!! It's going to be amazing!" I told her.

I sat down on a counter stool so I could talk to Abby as she worked.

Soon after I heard a voice speaking into a microphone

"Testing testing 1 2 3"

I turned around and laughed as I seen Michael trying to check the microphone.

"Helllooo people" he said as he smiled widely at the small crowd surrounding them.

"So I just want to introduce the band. I'm Michael, that's Luke, that's Ashton, and that's Calum." They each smiled and gave a small wave.

"We're 5 seconds of summer" Michael added.

"The first song we are going to be playing for you all is voodoo doll" Luke stated and he nodded to the others as they all began to play.

"I don't even like you, why'd you want to go and make me feel this wayyy. I don't understand what's happening I keep saying things I never say" Luke sung perfectly.

"I can't feel you watching and when you're nowhere to be seen. I can feel your touch even when you're far away from meee" Michael sung his voice sounding raspy and it was amazing.