She shook her head.

"The purpose of Phoenix is to find ways on how to defeat any threat to mankind," he started, "And right now, these people you live with, they're a prime example of what will cause destruction and possible oblivion -at least when they get out of control. And if Phoenix succeed in... terminating the problem, they will do whatever it takes to put humanity back on their feet."

"And they plan to use our kind to protect..." Kira muttered, something else working it's way into her mind.

"Correct." Tempus said, fixing his glasses, which began to slowly slide down as they spoke, "Imagine if you didn't hear them talking about dissecting you."

Then that would mean...

"I don't know what they were thinking. Why the hell would they try to slice your head open? Seriously, they can really be dumb sometimes--" he stopped his ramble when he noticed Kira's head dipped down, and with a much more lower voice, he said, "I told you, it would be terrible."

The thought of hurting them already bashed her in. She already killed people before, but as she recalled the times she spent with the others, listening to their stories, she realized that they were only people who had terrible pasts and the only thing that could make them happy was killing.

They never did ask for their life today. Fate was just a cruel bastard.

"So, why are you here?" She asked, changing the subject. She tried pushing all of the painful thoughts into the back of her mind.

"If I could feel your pain, I could dream of the same thing." Tempus told her, "Honestly, I'd rather deal with your cramps than see weird things."

Kira only stared as she didn't know how to respond to that.

A sudden pain errupted in her back, making her hiss. She reached behind her to attempt to make it feel better, but Tempus caught her attention.

The first thing she noticed was his skin. In a matter of seconds, his face became pale, terribly pale. It reached to the point that he looked like a ghost. His eyes had lost their cerulean color, turning a light shade of grey, and his hair did the same.

And behind him, was the dark void.

Kira pulled him by his hand, onto her side.

"We need to wake up," Kira said, noticing how his color had gone back to normal, "I don't know how dreams work, but I know that if we stay longer, we're--"

"Fucked." He chuckled, "I don't know how dreams work either."

They both backed away from the growing darkness. They both stopped when they were a good distance away.

Intense pain errupted on cheek, and a loud sound echoed in the soon to be void. She pressed her hand to her right cheek, giving Tempus a shocked look.

"Did you just...?"

He hissed in pain, rubbing his own cheek, "I was trying to help both of us."

"But why me?!"

"This is YOUR dream." He sighed, "Fine, you can hit me."

She didn't hesitate to bring up her fist and punch him straight at the jaw. Immediately, she felt the impact on hers, making her hiss and gritt her teeth.

"That is not fair! I slapped you, that's less--"

"We both felt the same pain, you probably know how fair it is!" She snapped, her face hurting even more, "It would be better if we were both at the same level of strength."