Ninjago x Reader~ The Starting Line(Prologue)

*Listen to this song the whole time you're reading this story it's kinda set the mood. XP Oh! And FYI, I also post my story in my Deviantart account, Bingoong123. I don't own the characters just the story plot! Enjoy!*

(Y/N)'s POV

I was strolling around Ninjago City as usual until I heard a scream. I saw a building burning down. "HELP! MY SON IS IN THERE!" A woman wearing a bright red dress that looks like it worth a thousand dollars screaming for help, I look around to see if there's anyone willing to help. I sigh, "Of course there's no one...what would you think(y/n). Why would anyone want to jump in a burning building?" As much as I don't want to get involved, I just can't stand by when someone is asking for help. I ran towards the woman and asked her where she left her son before I went inside the building.

"Third floor...third floor...ughh...damn smoke," using my acrobatic skills, I jump on a rail, do some somersault and land perfectly on the third floor without any scratches. "Score! Now, where's the boy?" I search for him and saw giant snakes surrounding him. The snakes almost as big as me! "Come with ussss boy." And it can talk! It might be the heat getting to me but hey, if there's aliens why not giant snakes. "Hey! Leave him alone!" I shouted at them without second thoughts and got their attention. I face palmed myself."Why did I shout at them?! I don't even know what they can do!" I thought to myself. "Well, here goes nothing." I picked up a wooden plank that was once a piece of the building. "Get away from him before anyone gets hurt." I threatened them. The blue snake laugh. "Puny humanssss, what can you do with that piece of junk?"

Okay, that really strikes my nerves. "You underestimated me. Let see if you can take on my attacks then." I spun my weapon (which is only a plank) and hit the snakes as they came one by one. I try to get closer to the boy while defending myself and almost got hit by their leader. After a few struggles I finally come closer enough to get the boy out of there. "It's okay...its okay...don't be scared. I'm here to help. What's your name?" The boy answered, "Ray..." "Okay, Ray. Just stay by my side, don't let go of my hand, alright?"He nods. By that time, the hall was already filled with smoke. "Sssearch for the girl and the boy, now! If not Scale will have your headsss!" When I heard that, I frantically search for an exit. "Come on, where's the freaking exit door when we need it?!" As if my question been answered, I found the exit door at the end of the first floor hall. "Let's get out of here." Just as I'm about to reach the door knob, I felt a hard tug on my sleeve. "Wait! My precious stones are gone. It was a gift from my father before he died," Tears started to gather in the corner of his eyes. Oh, man. I can't if it comes to children. Sighing, "Okay, I'll go back and look for it. What color is it?" "Black and emerald in color," he sniffs. "Alright then, now go look for your mother, she's worried about you." He nods."Thanks, Big Sis."

I went back inside to look for the stones. "Where is it? Relax, (Y/n). You'll find it. Hmmm, whoa, too shiny. Oh wait, that's the stones. Found it at last!" I'm just about to turn when a snake attacks me. "Ha...ha...ha...ha. Found you." "Oh no, you don't." His fangs sink in my shoulder a little but I dodge just in time leaving small holes on my shoulder. I lunge at him, give him a taste of my plank and quickly jump out of the window before the building collapse. It's a good thing I'm good at acrobats if not I would fall face first. As soon as Ray sees me he quickly tackles me. "Big Sis! You're safe!" I chuckle. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little bit scratch here and there. Here you go," I hand him his stones. He only takes the emerald one. "You keep the black one, Big Sis. You deserve it." I smile and nod. "Thanks, Ray."

"Thank you for saving my son. I owe you a lot." Ray's mom approaches me and gave me a card. "Please, if you need any help tell me." I read the card. No wonder her dress looks expensive. She's a business woman. "I will. Thank you, Mrs. Serene." I bend down and ruffle Ray's hair. "I'll be going then. Ray, take care of your mother." "Okay! Bye, Big Sis! See you again!" I wave back to him. When I'm at least a distance from them, I touch the place where I was bitten. "Ouch! That hurts. It's just a little wound, maybe it will heal overnight." Oh how wrong I am to think of that.