Chapter 1: Shutdown

"Talking"

'Thinking'

[Spells and Martial Arts]

"Really Intense Speaches"

(Author butting in)

Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Also known as DMMO-RPG. It is a type of game where you can enjoy an imaginary world as if you were in it.
Yggdrasil

Released in 2126, it stood above all other DMMO-RPGs due to its expansive map and unusually high player freedom, making it explosively popular within the country of Japan. Now, twelve years later, Yggdrasil is about to see its end.

'It was fun. It was really fun'

"Hey there. It's been a really long time, Momonga-san" a person said to him. Not a person really, but a blob of slime with two holes for eyes. "Hi there" a tall brute appeared in a flash of light on a chair at the opposite of the slime. He is a True Demon, clad in The Armor of Death. A grayish armor that emits an aura that, when in PVP, decreases the health of his opponent little by little. A glowing greatsword and a greatshield with a crest of a  dragon in the middle rests at the back of his chair. A red cape hangs from his shoulders, and in the center is the crest of their beloved Guild, Ainz Ooal Gown.

"I didnt think that you'd come, Herohero-san . You too, Ryuo-san, long time no see" he says. A skeletal avatar waves at the the two of them. An Elder Lich to be precise. Donning a veil with shoulder pads in silver gray. A gem resides in the middle of his chest that resembles an eye, and each of his fingers are adorned by rings.

"It's almost the end, isn't it? So I came here to say my goodbyes" Ryuo greets him with a smile.

"Herohero-san, it has been two years now, hasn't it?"

"It's been that long? This is bad. I've been doing so much overtime lately that my concept of time is messing up" he replies with a nod. "Isnt that a bad symptom?" Ryuo states, caring for his guildmate. "My body? It's completely worn out." He shrugs. "Whoa" Momonga exclaimed. "I'm sorry. I didn't come here just to complain."

Momonga raises is hand as a sign of empathy at the state of Herohero-san. "Please don't worry about it" a smiling emoticon pops up.

"Oh, I have to go soon. I'm way too sleepy" he reaches for his console and looks the log out button. "Oh, sleep well, Herohero-san" Ryuo sends his regards to him. A happy emoticon pops up.

"I'm really sorry about this. But, I'm surprised that the Great Tomb of Nazarick is still here." He looks around, scanning the environment.

"Huh" Momonga nods. "You must have been maintaining it as the guild leader, Momonga-san." He says in amusement. "Well, Nazarick was a base that we created together."

"Momonga-san and Ryuo-san, thank you for all of your hard work." A happy face pops up. "I hope we meet again somewhere"

"Herohero-san has logged out"

"Today is the last day Yggdrasil's servers will run. Why not stay until the end?" he sighs. "No, I'm happy that he even came today" Momonga sighs. " I hope we meet again somewhere, huh? If that would happen, Just when and where would that be?"

"You've got to be kidding me!" he growls as he hits the table in anger. A number 0 pops up, stating that he did not damage it. "This is the Great Tomb of Nazarick that we built together! How can he give it up so easily?!"

"Momonga, he didnt give it up" Ryuo calms him down. "No one would give it up so easily" he pats the back of Momonga. "Thank you, Ryuo-san" he pats him back as a sign of thanks.