Chapter 11 Running Away From The Past

It has be two months since I have been stripped for everything I've known. I do enjoy staying here, but what is it like outside? I'm not allowed outside, due to the threats of others. But, the outside calls to me in my sleep. I sound like I am insane. I am, but that is not the point. I have tried to, but Pluto or Luna, Earth's apprentice, is waiting there. They know what I want to do. They will prevent it. But, the longer I stay in here, the more haunting memories come. They come when I am sleeping, waking me up. I must leave. I can't stay here any longer. I need to see the outside world.

   It is 2:37 am. Everyone is sleeping, I think. Nobody should be there. They will think I am asleep, so they don't need to guard the door. I open the door that my room is in. I was moved down, away from the hospital bed. My room is a dark blue color and has some stuff I like, but I don't want you to know. The hallway is dead silent, like a spell forced everyone to remain quiet. I tip toe to the chill room. Nobody is there. Good.

   I walk down to where the main greeting room is. It is huge and has lots of stain glass pictures. Suddenly, my head burns. I fall down, hitting the ground like a meteorite hitting Earth. I put my hands to my head. This does nothing to calm this burn. I'm crying out in pain, needing someone to stop it.

   "Please, someone help!!!!" I scream. "My head!!!"

   There is someone running to help. I can't see who it is because of this fire in my head. Two more people show up. Then, before I know what is happening, eleven people are standing there, looking at me scream in pain.

   "What the hell is happening?!?!"  Was that Mars?

   "They are trying to get to her!" Earth?

   "Earth, try to stop the pain!" That was defiantly the queen.

   "I-I can't!!! Something is blocking me from her!!! There is a force field around her!!!" That was Earth.

   An explosion greets everyone. Laughing fills the room, make it cooler. "You can't save her! She will break and join the others! You will never be able to fix the past! But, she will be given a choice!" I can suddenly see everything. All the guardians and the queen are looking at me. The pain is gone; like it wasn't there at all. Wait, is this even real?

   A woman is in front of me. She is wearing a sleeveless, dark purple dress that stops at her knees. Black high heels with her pale skin makes them stand out like a sore thumb. Her long, brown hair flows like an never ending winds is hitting it. Sliver eyes presents itself. Blood red lips are curved into a smile that would make a little girl cry.

   "This is the option you have to stay alive. Join me. It is that simple. Join me and together we will rule over this universe. Destroy everything and build our capital. Together, we will destroy." She seems determined to kill. Well, she came to the wrong person.

   "No," I reply, " That plan is dumb anyway. Why would death and destruction be something that people think of. Go ask someone else that is really stupid to go with your IQ."

   "Oh," Her smile faded, "Did you think you had a choice? You WILL join me. By choice or by your will." Flames formed on the palms of her pale hands.

   "Ember," I hear Jupiter yell, "Run over here! We will protect you!"

   I start to run, but the pain hit me like a train. Oh, no. Its back. I fell down like gravity was increased. This time it was worse. Trying to ignore it, I stood up. I stumble over to my friends, but it got worse. It was unbearable. I fell down and couldn't stand up again. It started to spread. First, my head. Now, my hands. Then, after a moment, I was paralyzed. Everything hurts. Even when I breathe and blink.

   "LEAVE HER ALONE, CASSIOPEIA!!!" The queen yelled.

   "Oh, its you, huh," The pain is remaining, always reminding me by sending my brain signals, "Hand her over Sun. Or, she gets it. You wouldn't want that, right?"

   "She doesn't know what is happening. Leave this place or I will have to force you to leave."

   "OOOOO!!! Sun trying to be tuff!!! Go ahead. Try me." A bubble surrounds me. The pain is a distant memory. I stand up and walk to the wall of the bubble. It is a light orange. I went to touch when I heard Earth shout "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!" But it was too late.

   The moment my finger touched the wall, the pain returned. I screamed out in pain; I cried out for someone, anyone to help me, but I knew nobody could help me. The ground greeted me. I can't feel anything. I can't see anything. I can barely hear. The only things I can hear are punches, fire burning, and the queen shouting orders. I think.

   After 10 minutes, everything was silent. I am weak, barely able to move. I think the bubble is gone; I can't tell. Cold hands touch me, making my skin jump. The pain is still here, but is not as bad as it was before.

   "Ember, you're ok. You are fine. Trust me." Pluto said. His voice was calming to me.

   "Is she ok?" Jupiter asked.

   "She looks ok, but we must have an x-ray to be sure. She fell a lot." Earth, I think.

   I am picked up and being taking somewhere. After walking for a while, a door opens. I don't know where I am, but I can only guess I am where this all began. The hospital room. After some steps, the cold bed greets me and a needle enters my arm. I am suddenly tired and can't fight it. The last thing I can think of is what I was doing in the greeting room?