Chapter 4 The Light at the End of The Tunnel

Well, look who is back, craving for more me! Anyway, I was sleeping when I left to go get a Coke. Hey, I was thirsty. Let's get back on track now, shall we?
   The sleep consumed me. How can I fight it? Oh, yeah. Looking into a light thing. But, I was too sleepy. Anyway, I felt like never waking up. Why should I when this bed was so comfy. I forgot about everyone and everything.
   "Ember, wake up." A soft voice said. Neptune.
   Groaning, I replied, "Five more minutes."
   A giggle. "You need to eat something."
   "Five. More. Minutes." I said louder. I am too comfy to get up to eat something.
   "Fine. But, if you are hungry before the five minutes are up, you'll have to wait." Said Neptune.
   I heard her walking out into the hallway. I slept for three minutes. Why, you may ask. Because the hungry came in like a train. I didn't know how hungry I was until this train came. Damn, why must I love sleep??
   I heard her walking back into the room, sitting down in a chair. She must have saw something in me, because she said, "Come and wake up. I know you are hungry."
   I shot right up. My eyes were working fine now. Good I can see. Neptune was a shy girl, only about 14 years old. She was wearing a blue hoodie and navy jeans. White and blue Vans came with this outfit. Her hair was black with blue highlights in it. Her eyes were a somber blue and she always looked sad. She was a pale girl, like me.
   "Venus, please get the food." She said to Venus.
   Venus was standing by the door. She was wearing a yellow, orange, and purple dress. Her footwear was green high heels. She was very tan and her hair was long and golden. Hazel eyes were there, staring at me.
   "Got it." She said as she went to a back room. She found the food and came out with a tube. Wait, a tube?
She walked across the room and gave this tube to Neptune. I tried to back away from it when hands grabbed my shoulders.
   "Calm down, now. This goes into your mouth and you swallow." (do not laugh) Said a girl with glasses.
   "Earth, she doesn't know what is going on, so she has a reason to be afraid." Venus retorted.
   The nerd, Earth, looked away. This lady looked about 17, wearing a white sweater. A green skirt was on her, along with black sneakers. Her hair was short and brown. Blue and green were her eyes. She had a pair of blue glasses.
   Neptune grabbed the tube and placed it in my mouth. She pushed a button and a mushy solid was in my mouth.
I tried to swallow, but my throat said no. The solid was stuck in my mouth.
   "Hold on, Nep." Venus said. She removed the tube from my mouth and saw the solid in it. "She can't swallow this. Her throat is bruised up due to the screaming and smoke."
   "Well, call the queen, then. She had to eat." Neptune replied.
   Venus pulled out a phone and called a number.
Hello?
"This is Venus, requesting help."
What is the problem?
"Well, Ember Frost's throat is swollen due to the smoke and screaming. She can't eat. What should we do?"
There is some throat pills in the back room. Give those to her and that should do it. If not, call me again and I will try to see how to stop it.
"Bye."
   Venus hanged up the phone and ran to the back room for pills. She found them and came back. Venus opened them up and popped one out. She opened my mouth and put the pill in.
   My throat was fixed in a matter of seconds. The tube was placed inside my mouth again and I was eating. After I finished, Neptune asked, "Do you want to move around a little bit?"
   I tried to tell her yes, but I couldn't. My voice wasn't ready. I nodded at her.
She smiled. "Everything will be ok. I promise."