Chapter 8 The Warrior of Losses

When I got to the chill room, everyone was there, looking at us like they have never seen us before. Saturn was the first to stand up and walk towards me. Her eyes looked like she was wondering about if something is happening.

"Ember, I-I never knew before." She said, with the sound of sadness, filling the room.

"Like, we knew your foster parents didn't like you, but we didn't know how this would effect you like this." Uranus said.

I walked past Saturn and sat down on the edge of the couch. My somberness is filling the air with this sadness that they can't take. Jupiter moved to the edge with me and hugged me. He was trying to rid me of this feeling, but the somberness doesn't take this happiness lightly. I don't notice him call out for everyone to come and rid this somber feeling. This makes me feel worse, like if I went back home, nobody would care if I was dead or alive.

A cold feeling comes and I shiver. Neptune leaves the hug group and comes back with a wool blanket. She tells everyone to move and then places the blanket on my shoulders. I cant feel the warmth of the blanket. All I feel is the cold.

"Guys, she is still cold." Mercury says.

"That blanket is the warmest thing ever," Saturn looked at Jupiter. "What should we do?"

"Uranus and Earth, get the queen now." I can barely hear Jupiter. The coldness is taking over.

I feel the ground suddenly get cold. The feeling is consuming me. "What the hell?!?!?" I hear Mars I think yell. I look at the ground. It turned to ice. What, wait?

I try to move away from this, but my feet are stuck. I start to panic. Ice shoots out from the walls, all pointing at me. The sharpness of the ice is terrifying. What the hell is happening. I panic even more. More ice comes and traps me. I am trapped in a ice prison.

"What the," I can barely here the queen because of the ice. "Oh, no. Ok, ok. Ember, you must calm down."

"H-h-how can-n-n I? I-I-I don't-t-t ev-v-en kn-n-ow what-t-t -I-I-I-I-s h-happening-ing." I cant see anyone now thanks to this ice cage.

"What are we going to do? If she is trapped in there, how do we destroy the cage?" Venus says to someone.

"How about this." Mars says. A moment after, a wave of pain hit me. I cry out, wanting this to end.

"Mars, you idiot!!!!!! Why would you do that!!!! The ice that holds her became a part of her!!!! Didn't you learn anything when you were younger!!!!!? Earth screamed at her.

"Ember, please, calm down. Everything is ok. You have to calm down if you want to escape." Pluto yells.

I listen to his words. If I want to leave, I must calm down. But, how? I try to think about my step sisters, but the ice grows colder. Well, that didn't work. I think about the guardians. The way they cared about me and heard my call for help. I smile. They cared when nobody on planet earth did. That is why I chose to stay. They know that I needed a family and they took the job.

The ice started to melt. I felt the warmth of them all, trying to help break down this somber wall. And they did it. The wall that held me against my will was gone. I don't feel worthless now. I don't feel stupid. I don't feel lonely. I feel this new feeling. The feeling of being loved and cared for. Nobody had ever done this before. Nobody has ever cared like the guardians before.

I felt someone hug me. Then two, three, four. All of them hugged me. I knew that this was now my home. The home that I am not afraid of. The home where I can be me. This is my new world, the world where I will thrive. I start crying tears of joy and hugged them back. I didn't want to leave them. Why would anyone want to?

The hug group disappeared before I knew it. Queen Sun was standing there, smiling. "Ember, you have the most wonderful, most beautiful, most amazing power of all of us combined. You have the power of being a Galaxy Holder. The power that you have relate to your emotions. Ice for sadness. Fire for fiery. Darkness for gloominess. And Light for happiness. These powers combined will be great enough to destroy evil and bring light where ever you go."
    She walks to me, holding a necklace. "This necklace is from the Galaxy Holder now. She has grown old and I'll and needs someone like you to take her place. What do you say, Ember?" The necklace is a picture of the Milky Way. I look at everyone. Mercury is giving me thumbs up. Venus and Earth are smiling, hoping I chose this opinion. Mars is not even looking at me. Jupiter and Uranus are fighting again. Saturn is nodding at me. Neptune and Pluto and talking to each other. I think about the pros and cons. I could save a lot of guardians. But, I could die. Meh, as long as I don't die being an idiot.
   I look at the queen and say, "Why not."