Epilogue

Ready

Ready

It's a beautiful and glorious Saturday afternoon in May. The glimmering sun hangs high up in the vivid blue sky, a couple of white clouds scattered about. Spring has officially arrived and the citizens of Vermont could not be happier to trade in their bubble jackets and snow boots for flip-flops and shorts. The birds are all chirping gleefully, perched up on the branches of the green, leafy trees. The flowers have blossomed as well, gracing the world with their vibrant colors and floral fragrance.

Inside the grandiose church styled after the neoclassic structures in Russia, guests are buzzing with excitement as they wait for the bride to make her entrance. The lucky man stands anxiously with his groomsman lined up by his side as he tries his best to remain patient. One should never rush a lady on her special day. Even he knows that. However, as more time passes by, he can't help but grow nervous. What if she suddenly got cold feet? What if she's already halfway out of the country? No, she wouldn't do that to him. He's overthinking it. He should just take a deep breath and trust her. What's a relationship without trust?

His worries are put to rest when a familiar tune finally echoes throughout the place. The pianist begins to glide his fingers across the keys of the instrument, playing Here Comes the Bride, ultimately informing everybody of the bride's arrival. The guests rise to their feet, their gazes now settled on the large double-doors crafted of fine oak. A second later, the doors swing open. In glide the two bridesmaids donned in floor-length, lavender dresses and bouquets in their grasps. They are then followed by the flower girl, who is leaving a trail of red roses on the white carpet behind her.

The bride appears with an arm linked around her son's and the veil shielding her face. With graceful steps, the two of them make their way down the aisle. Her fiancé smiles and extends a hand out towards her when she reaches him. She accepts and the crowd takes their seat. The officiant goes through the usual routine, asking them each to read their vows. Their heartfelt words cause tears to well up and hearts to swoon.

After they are finished, the officiant brings up the last two questions which would seal the deal. "Do you, George Alanson, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," declares George, taking the silver wedding band and slipping it over her finger.

"And do you, Olivia Morindozo, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

She nods feverishly. "I do."

"Then by the power vested in me by the state of Vermont, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." As soon as their lips are connected, the guests all jump to their feet, swarming the pair with thunderous applause, whistles and cheers. Ethan smiles from where he stands before his eyes flit over to his girlfriend who is standing next to his new step-sister, looking as gorgeous as ever. Painted over her face is a beaming smile as she watches the newly wedded couple. He couldn't wait for the day where he'd be the one standing at the altar, ready to spend the rest of his life with her.