Chapter 29

Author's Thoughts: make sure to listen to the song linked above! I think it fits the chapter. Oh my gosh. I really hope you enjoy this update. Like, ugh. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this. I don't know how to feel. Comment and vote if you guys want, okay? Welcome to my new readers as well! Yes, above are the dresses the girls wore. Surprised? Me toooooo. Butttttt are you ready for this? Here we go!

 Butttttt are you ready for this? Here we go!

Playing Damsel in This Dress

Like a mindless zombie, Ethan flips through the channels, his eyes occasionally flitting over to the window. The curtains have been drawn back so that he has an unhindered view of the midnight-blue house stationed on the other side of the street. The truth is he isn't interested in watching anything. How could he when his thoughts are running amuck? He's just trying to make himself look distracted.

Had he made the correct choice in rejecting Willow's invitation to the homecoming dance?

The sun has already been swallowed up by the horizon, the moon and stars now sitting in its place up in the sky. Ethan's heart feels a little suffocated and no matter what he does, he can't seem to make the disquiet sensation disappear. He has a hunch as to why his blood-pumping organ is acting like this, but he's not certain if he wants to acknowledge the reason or not yet.

Perhaps he should go out and do something that would take his mind off of a distinctive brunette with a brusque aptitude and hypnotizing olive-green eyes.

Hearing the engine of a car approaching, along with a pair of headlights illuminating the road, the boy glances out and spots a familiar figure. Unknowingly, his grip on the remote control tightens, the color in his knuckles turning white. His jaw is clenched and he quickly averts his eyes. What's he doing? Why is he spending his Friday night at home alone? He's never done such a thing before!

Hayden kills the ignition and exits the Highlander wrapped in a nice charcoal suit. A violet corsage settled in a transparent box is in his possession. He rings the doorbell and waits patiently for someone to answer. Ian opens the door, clad in a black tux of his own. "The girls are still upstairs," he says, stepping to the side so that Hayden could enter.

"Are they almost done yet?" he questions.

"Who knows?" shrugs the older boy. "We still have a lot of time though. Are your parents going to drop by and take pictures with us?"

"I don't think so. They're busy with other things," he answers hesitantly.

"Do you want something to drink while we wait?" Ian offers. "I got the good stuff up in my room."

Hayden flashes him a perplexed smile. "No thanks. I'm going to be driving."

"Suit yourself." Shrugs Ian before he laughs. "Get it? Because you're wearing a suit." Hayden nods politely as he takes a seat. He couldn't wait for Charlie to come down.