Thanksgiving Morning

Today was thanksgiving and Anna had decided she would host it this year to take some stress off of Beca. Work had been super stressful the past few weeks and she needed to relax a little bit instead of worrying about the holiday. Of course, Beca woke up early to call and see if she needed any help. Hey! How's thanksgiving dinner coming along?

Well right now I'm in bed because the pain was too much this morning but Nicole's starting to make some stuff. Anna sighed. I got like no sleep last night.

I'll come over and help! Do you feel ok? We can always do it at my place?

I'm fine, this happens every morning. Can you come a bit earlier though? I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done.

Yeah I'll come at 1. Is everything ok? You seem really upset?

Anna sighed. This was a really tough morning for her. He didn't come home last night.

Ben? I thought he was getting home yesterday afternoon.

Yeah, and he's still not home.

Did you try calling him or anything?

Yeah, he said that he was behind and he'd be home today. I just hope he makes it home for dinner tonight.

I'm sure he will, and hey, I went through it too. Stay strong sweetie, I'll be there in a few hours.

Thanks Becs.

No problem! Now go hang out with your daughter. Beca smiled as she hung up the phone, she was so glad Anna had someone with her all the time to keep her company. She was just worried about whether or not she and Ben were ok.

Chloe came over a few minutes later and poured herself a cup of coffee. "Hey Becs!"

"Oh go ahead, let yourself in," Beca replied with an eye roll.

"Please, I practically live here," Chloe replied sarcastically.

"Where's Cami and Norah?"

"They're getting ready. Norah got this new curling iron that she desperately wanted to try but didn't want to use it on her own hair in case it fried it," Chloe replied, shaking her head with a laugh.

"Oh ok, let your daughter get scorched by a curling iron today," Beca deadpanned.

"Hey, beauty is pain," Chloe replied, laughing. "Are the kids still asleep?"

"Yeah, I took them out to a midnight movie last night."

"And we're gonna be out late Black Friday shopping tonight too," Chloe said.

"Well duh, that's why I'm letting them sleep, at least until 10. I'm going over to Anna's early because she's laying in bed with pain right now and won't be able to get much done."

"Aww I feel bad for her. Is she ok?"

"Yeah she said its normal for her and Nicole's helping her anyway."

"Good! I'm so glad she has someone around all the time. Did Ben get home yesterday?"

"No, he was behind and he had to stay another day. She's really upset too. I'm worried that their marriage is gonna fall apart like mine and Jesse's."

"Yeah, me too," Chloe shrugged. "I'm gonna go get ready, I'll be back in an hour."

"Sounds good Chlo, love you."

"Love you too!" Chloe replied in a sing song voice before walking back to her house.

"Mom!" Cami screamed. "The curling iron's stuck!"

"Nope, no it's not, we got it under control," Norah shouted.

"Mom help us! She's scorching my hair," Cami screamed.

Chloe rolled her eyes and went into Cami's room. "Holy shit Norah unplug it before you burn her hair off," Chloe said, barely keeping herself from laughing. "What do you call this thing anyway?"

"Curl Secret," Norah replied. "We uh, we kinda got it stuck in her hair."

"Oh my god," Chloe laughed.

"This isn't funny mom, she's killing me right now."

"I am not, you're fine," Norah replied proudly.

Chloe rolled her eyes at the girls' antics. "I swear to god, you guys are sisters." She picked up a pair of scissors from the bathroom counter,

"You are not cutting my hair, no way!" Cami said firmly. "Do anything else, but you are not cutting my hair."

"I don't see any other way," Chloe sighed.

"Just yank it out, I'll just try to fix it up as best as possible."

"Ok fine," Chloe said, quickly yanking the curling iron out of Cami's hair and wincing. "You ok?"

"Yep!" Cami replied happily. "I told you we wouldn't have to cut it."

Chloe looked at Norah. "You're banned from hair tools," she said with a smirk

"You can't ban me! I'm an adult."

"Oh hell yeah I can."

"Fine Chlo I'm sorry," Norah replied.

"I know weirdo, I'm just messing with you," Chloe said with a laugh. "I'm gonna go grab a shower real quick. Feel free to go over to Beca's and drink the coffee she made because it annoys the shit out of her and I love it," Chloe laughed. "I'll be over in a few."

"Ok, we'll go over there," Cami said, putting her hairbrush down.

Norah rolled her eyes. "Your hair looks fine."

"Yeah except where you scorched it," Cami scoffed. "You owe me big time."

"I know I know, I'll buy you a new conditioner or something."

"And shampoo?"

"Fine."

"And hairspray?"

"Fine."

"And you'll pay for me to get highlights?"

"Oh hell no, those are like $100."

"Fine," Cami agreed. "But we have to make an apple pie and Harper wants to help so you can deal with her wrath when you wake her up."

"Deal," Norah replied with a laugh. "Wow, we all think very highly of each other."

"I know right? It's like I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."

Norah laughed. "I love you little sis."

"Love you too, big sis," Cami replied as they walked over to Beca's house. She was so glad to have Norah to be an older sister to her. Even though they did argue all the time, they were really best friends and they were so thankful to have each other.