Nicole Meets Ben

"We're back!" Chloe called when they walked into the house.

"Hey!" Anna said. She reached up to give Nicole a hug.

"Hey! How are you?" Nicole asked.

"Great! How about you?" Anna asked.

"I'm alright, is Ben here yet?"

"Yeah, I'll go get him." Anna went into the kitchen to go get her husband. "Ben, Nicole's here, come meet her."

"You seriously think this is happening?" Ben asked.

"Yes, I do, so fake a smile if you have to and come meet our future foster daughter."

Ben followed Anna into the living room and greeted Nicole. "Hey, I'm Ben, Anna's husband."

"I'm Nicole, it's nice to meet you!" Nicole replied, shaking his hand and returning a smile. "Anna talks about you all the time, by the way. She always tells me how supportive and protective of her you are and she says she loves you so much."

"Aww that's sweet," he said, bending down to kiss his wife on the forehead. "She's talked a ton about you too. She said how you're the first person who's just met her and hasn't thought of her differently because of her disability and that you're so willing to help her."

Anna smiled. "I appreciate it so much, honestly, you're such a sweet kid Nicole."

"Aww thank you, I appreciate it, Anna." Nicole smiled. "I'm gonna go get something to drink."

"Ok, kiddo, see you later," Ben said. After she walked away, he knelt down next to Anna. "She's a great kid, babe."

"I know! She's the sweetest!" Anna said with a huge smile on her face. "Can we please foster her? Please please please?" She begged.

"Sure," Ben said with a smile, happy to see his wife so excited.

"Oh my gosh, thanks so much!" Anna said with a huge smile. "Now pull me up so I can give you a hug!" Ben pulled her up and wrapped his arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around his neck. "It feels so good to be able to give you a real hug right now," she said into his neck.

"It really does baby, I missed this," Ben said. "How does it feel?"

"Like literally nothing. If you weren't holding me so tight, I would be on the floor right now. My legs are basically useless." Anna sighed, frustrated that she couldn't stand on her own. "Please don't let me go."

"Never, baby." Ben held her tight until she wanted to sit down. "I promise you'll get there soon. You've made so much progress already and I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks so much, babe, I appreciate it a ton." Anna smiled. "I'm gonna go hang out. Oh and let's not tell her until thanksgiving and then we can surprise her. We still have to have time to set up her bedroom and stuff."

"Ok, I won't say anything," Ben said, giving Anna a kiss on the top of the head before she made her way back into the living room.

"Hey Chlo, when are we going out to dinner?" Anna asked.

"We decided to order takeout instead because there's so many of us," Chloe said. "Why?"

"I just want to get out of the house, I'm like so full of energy right now." Anna laughed.

"Too much coffee this morning, huh," Chloe asked with a laugh and Anna nodded. "You can come with to pick up the food if you want, oh and Beca could drag you along when she takes Michael out trick or treating later."

"Sounds good!" Anna said. "You almost ready?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you in the car," Chloe replied. "I have to go see if Beca wants us to pick up dessert."

"Ok," Anna said before wheeling over to Nicole. "I'll be back in like 20 minutes, I'm picking up food with Chloe."

"Ok, see you!" Nicole said as she opened the door for Anna. "Need any help?"

"I'm alright, thanks kiddo!" Anna said with a smile before going out to the car and getting in the passenger seat.

Chloe came out a minute later and started the car. "Seriously An, what's your deal? You're like super hyper right now." She smiled at the brunette who was practically shaking with excitement.

"Ben said we could foster Nicole!" She screamed with a huge smile. "I'm so happy!"

"Oh my gosh that's so awesome!" Chloe said. "I'm so so happy for you guys and Nicole!"

"Me too! Don't say anything because we're gonna tell her on thanksgiving and she can move in with us that night."

"I won't," Chloe replied. "I'm so happy for you guys oh my god."

"I seriously love her so much, ever since we met she's been so sweet and supportive, I knew she deserved a better home. And I've wanted kids since I had the miscarriage, I finally get to have a daughter!"

"Do you think you'll end up adopting her?"

"I think so, in a year or two. I want her to get used to and comfortable with everything first. I feel like she's never really felt like she's had a home and I want to make sure she feels like that before we make it permanent."

"Yeah I agree, but Anna oh my god, you're the sweetest person alive to foster her. I know the schizophrenia doesn't look that bad, but I've seen her at her worst and it's awful." Chloe paused and noticed the sad look on Anna's face. "She's gonna be ok, though. As long as she's taking her meds she's fine, and having someone to talk to will definitely help her too."

"I just want her to feel loved, it's all I want," Anna said.

"I get it, I completely understand," Chloe said. "My parents were awful and they were never there for me, but I still miss them a ton. I wish I could've felt loved, and I'm so so glad I found you guys and Beca. I think that's why me and Nicole get along so well, we were both in similar situations." She pulled Anna into a hug. "We're all so lucky to have you. You're the kindest person I know."

"Aww Chlo, you're so sweet," Anna said. "I've seriously been waiting for this day for 12 years."

"I'm so happy for you, An," Chloe said. "This will be great."