“Hey,” I said cool and casual. He pulled out his headphones and smiled at me as he packed them away into his pocket. Hmm, I was taller than him, this was good.

“Hey. You new?” the guy chuckled. Gee, was it that obvious? I nodded. “Ah well, you'll soon fit in fine. I'm George Jones.” I shook his hand.

“Sye Vettori,” I said.

“Sye? What a weird name,” George chuckled. I raised an eyebrow at him and he stopped mid laugh and began to choke. “I mean, it's cool,” he coughed and I smiled. He seemed in a daze as his eyes glazed over once they landed on my smile. I was used to that kind of reaction, guy or girl. George licked his lower lip and then snapped out of it.

“You single?” George asked me, wiggling his eyebrow.

“Sorry man, I'm straight,” I chuckled, crossing my arms over my chest.

“That's too bad,” George laughed.

“Can I get all of your attention please? Thank you,” called a guy from the front. Everyone turned to see one of the male camp leaders standing at the front of the large group trying to get people's attention.

Hey... I know that guy, he's- OMG THAT'S TRISTAN BUCKLEY! My jaw dropped as I stared at him in his black skinny jeans and purple Camp Honeysuckle leader's T-shirt with a yellow beehive on the back with Camp Honeysuckle written around it.

“I know, dreamy right?” George chuckled, elbowing me in the rib suggestively. “I've been trying for three years now, ever since I first started coming here, to get him to go out with me. But he won't,” George sighed solemnly, like Tristan was the love that got away.

“No idiot, I know him. He's a senior at my school,” I hissed back. George coughed, I hoped that wasn't going to be a habit of his.

“No way, you get to bask in his awesome for six hours, five days a week? That's so not fair,” George whined. I noted a few girl's giggling over him beside me.

“So welcome everyone to another summer here at Camp Honeysuckle. We've got a great holiday planned. So if the campers could kindly move into the assembly area and the parents, could you please say your goodbyes, we can get everything moving smoothly and on time,” Tristan said strongly, like a real leader. Then he went off around the administration cabin with his fancy clipboard. I need to get me a fancy clipboard, so I can whack him over the head and then run off with his.

“Dreamy isn't he?” George sighed. I rolled my eyes.

“If you say so,” I said and headed through the people to follow Tristan, George close behind. It turned out the assemble area was like an outdoor theatre with stands built into the ground and the stage down in a hole. Behind the stage was the lake. Other people filed over and took seats further to the front than us. Tristan was chatting to some middle aged man at the front to the side of the raised block like stage. When everyone was seated the older guy got on the stage with a microphone and began telling everyone the camp rules blah blah blah. There were quite a few people here. Maybe around 100? And they were all different ages. In fact, the majority of them were around my age group.
After the assembly we were dismissed to unpack our stuff. Only I didn't know where I was supposed to be staying.

“The guys all stay in a huge room with lots of bunks and a big multi bathroom at the end. You should bunk with me,” George was saying excitedly as he leaped about across the grass over to a big building apart from the main. From the sky I imagined their to be three big rectangles in a triangle shape. One of the boys sleeping quarters, one was the girls rooms, and the other was the lobby and all the activity stuff. The tip of the triangle pointed to the assembly concert thing and the lake, while the base lined the car park. The lake was so big you can hardly see the other side and it even had a big jetty too. There was a tennis court, a basketball court, mini golf, go carts, flying fox, rock climbing and giant life size chess board. In the middle of the three big buildings was a big BBQ area with picnic tables. It was actually pretty cool. I was getting more and more impressed.