The Owlery

The second week of school marked the start of Quidditch practise and I was buzzing with excitement. I quickly ate breakfast and quickly went to the pitch, Chris behind me. Chris was a Chaser on our team and he was very good. We changed into our uniforms and got our brooms, joining our team on the pitch. "It's another great year!" Cedric exclaimed. Our team cheered. Cedric Diggory is our team captain, he's a Keeper on the team. We started practise, joking around with each other, it was amazing. I loved being in Quidditch, it's a great way to make friends and just take your mind off of school.

When we were done, everyone was sweaty and tired. Everyone changed and went back to the common rooms together. I just went up to the boys dorms and layed down since I had finished my homework during dinner. I stared at the ceiling and thought about my day. I was still confused about how Dan acted while we practiced and then how he acted during potions. I decided to get up and go to the owlery to see my little owl, Galaxy. I redressed quietly then I made sure no one was studying in the common area and I quietly left the place. I snuck down the dark hallway. "Lumos!" I whispered, and the tip of my wand lit up a bit.

I managed to get to the owlery without getting caught. I gave Galaxy a bit of a pumpkin pasty I had saved for her and she gave me a friendly peck on my hand. I named her Galaxy because she's jet black besides little white speckles all over, and she looks like the night sky. I was sitting on the ledge my owl had been on, stroking her as she sat on my arm. I sat like that for a few minutes in the dark when suddenly, I saw a figure at the door. I quickly got off of the ledge, and pulled my wand out. The person laughed and a light quickly filled the space. It was Dan.

"Oh, I didn't expect you to be here."

"Well, Phil, out after hours are we?"

"You're here too!"

"True."

"What are you doing?"

"Visiting."

"Oh, me too."

"Would you want to practice again tomorrow at the same time?"

"Yeah, but what was with you in Potions today?"

"I'm sorry about that, Potions is my worst class..."

Dan looked genuinely embarrassed and sorry. I walked over to him, his face illuminated by his wand. I didn't know what I was going to say to him. "So, uh," I searched for words, "Uh, do you like Quidditch?" I asked stupidly. "Yes!" he replied, looking amused. "Well, bye then." I said. "Wait, wait!" Dan exclaimed. I turned around, "Yes?" "Would you like to see my owl?" he asked me. I nodded and walked over to where Dan was standing. "This is Soren," he said. I looked at the owl perched on Dan's arm, Soren was a beautiful gray speckled owl. "Wow! That's amazing," I exclaimed in awe. "Okay, well I've got to go now." I said, turning to leave. But of course, me being me, I managed to do something wrong. As I turned, I had forgotten I was standing about two or three feet from a short perch and while I turned my head to say goodbye, I tripped over it. "Phil wat-" Dan started to say, but I had already tripped and there was no coming back from this one. I'm so graceful, Dan will totally want to be my boyfriend. I thought. "Ow, crap!" I yelped as I hit the ground. "Oh my god, Phil are you okay?" Dan asked me, holding out his hand to help me up. "Uh, yeah I'm fine, bye." I stammered, and I ran.

Hello!! 

I do realize that some of the stuff in this book is inaccurate to the timeline in Harry Potter and to the stuff about the wizarding world as well and about Hogwarts and the stuff there, but I am doing as much research as I can about this to make sure I have everything right, but I just don't know everything so, sorry.

Katherine over and out!

*finger guns*