A New Year

I walked into the Great Hall with all of the other wizards, I was a fourth year Hufflepuff and I loved school far too much. The only thing I didn't like was that my best friend's boyfriend who is also one of my best friends is in Ravenclaw and my crush who I've never actually had a proper conversation with, is a Slytherin. Yes, my crush is a Slytherin. I only have potions and broom lessons with him and I don't really think he likes me too much, as he kind of goes out of his way to get me into trouble, but no one really ever believes him so I kinda go along with it. I sat down at one of the long tables with my friend, Chris. "I hate that we aren't allowed to sit with other houses." Chris sighed and looked longingly over at his boyfriend, PJ who was sitting quietly at the Ravenclaw table. "Yeah, and I wish Dan would actually try talking to me." I complained.

"Okay, Phil, why do you even like him?? Literally he only tries to get you into trouble." Chris asked.

"Because, there's just something about him."

"Like?"

"I dunno, he just seems like he's not all that bad, he just has a shell that's hard to break."

"Come on Phil. The day you met him he actually tried to cast a spell he made up on you."

"Yeah, well it didn't work."

"Phil, move on."

"No."

Chris gave a long sigh and then Professor Dumbledore started speaking and the first year sorting started.

I didn't understand how Dan didn't like me besides the fact that our houses were totally opposites and we played the same position on Quidditch, and - oh. Dan didn't like me probably because we competed at everything completely against each other. Dan though, was one of the fairest players on the Slytherin. I was a Seeker and so was Dan. I was pretty good according to Reed, our team captain. Quidditch practice didn't start until next week though. The players were allowed to practice alone on their own time on the pitch during breaks though. No one practiced on their own very often except for me. I just go in hope of seeing Dan. Who is never there so I don't know why I bother. 

Chris was now making stupid faces at PJ, trying to get him to look over at us and stop talking to his friend, Dodie. Dodie was a very nice girl who I quite liked honestly, she played the ukulele and sang in our choir and she was also kind of shy though. I didn't know her very well. Chris waved his arms around and finally, when the speech was over, PJ looked up at us. Chris got up and walked over to the Ravenclaw table that PJ was at. I laughed to myself and glanced at Dan. He wasn't sitting with Draco Malfoy. Dan was friends with Draco last year, until a bit after Draco beat me up, sending me to the hospital wing for a night or two. Dan was instead sitting next to a girl with red (like bright RED not like Weasley child like, RED) hair. I smiled, maybe he had changed just a tad. Chris came back over, "Hey, Love Eyes Lester, Dan is going to notice you staring at him yah know? We are also meeting PJ in the bathrooms when we're done."

We ate until we were stuffed and then ran off to the bathrooms to see PJ. He had beat us there, but that let Chris run into him and tackle him down with a hug and kissed him, making him laugh. When Chris finally let go of PJ, PJ came over and gave me a hug and said hello. Then we talked until we heard talking outside and we went out to see all of the houses going to their common rooms, with the Prefects leading.

WOOP! That's the first chapter done! I am having waaaaaaay too much fun writing this okay. Please let me know what you think in the comments because I want this to be the best story it can be and positive criticism is great for writing as long as it's nice. 

Katherine over and out!

*serenades you with my ukulele that's right next to me it has a shark on it and it's blue fun fun fun*