Herbology

I skipped happily to Herbology, it was my favourite class ever. I got to talk to my friend Louise and take care of cute little plants! I loved taking care of plants and I checked on them every day after Quidditch practise and at break time. I had made friends with a boy called Neville who also seemed very interested in Herbology and was a Gryffindor. I had a Spiky Prickly Plant that almost looked like a cactus that I was quite good at taking care of. Today we were learning about Gillyweed and how to use it correctly. I put my earmuffs on because the first years never clean up their stupid Mandrakes and if you forget to put them on, it is not fun. Believe me, it's not fun to be in the Herbology greenhouse alone during break, and forget your earmuffs. It's close to impossible to get a pair of earmuffs without being late to your next class. See, it's not allowed to have fully grown Mandrakes in that greenhouse because it could kill someone, the baby ones will knock you out for a few hours with no ear protection and for about twenty minutes if you're just plugging your ears with your fingers. It's quite terrifying to walk into the greenhouse and hear horrifying screams and then everything is just black.

"Hi Louise!" I exclaimed when I saw her. We were putting away the first years' Mandrakes. Once we were finished, we could all take our earmuffs off and finally learn about Gillyweed which I've been really excited about. Gillyweed kind of looks like gross noodles I guess. They also didn't have the nicest smell to them either. My notes on Gillyweed: 

Phil Lester

8-13-94

Gillyweed Notes

Lasts longer in saltwater than in freshwater

Allows wizard to breath underwater by growing gills

Grows webbed feet and hands allowing swifter swimming

Tastes really gross

Lasts in saltwater for about an hour

Discovered by Elladora Ketteridge

(unfortunately) credited to Beaumont Majoribanks about a century later

Featured in Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean

Used in the drink Gillywater, served at the Three Broomsticks

Professor Sprout showed us a film demonstration thing of the effects of Gillyweed and it was pretty fricking cool to be honest. Except I'll probably never use that because I HATE the sea. It's so creepy, like something could just come up and eat you or you could go to deep and die from lack of oxygen! Why would anyone swim in the sea?!

When it was time for the lights to go out, I didn't actually sleep much. I kept thinking about Dan and how he acted on the Quidditch pitch versus in Potions class. Was it because he was around his peers? Because of Snape? Maybe he was just faking the whole nice thing on the pitch. Dan would never like me in a million years why did I even get my hopes up at all?

Sorry for how short this chapter is, I really wasn't into this one. But I am still liking this story. If you want an upload schedule, it'll be Mondays,  Wednesdays,  Fridays, and weekends.

Katherine over and out!

*wingardium levi-hugs you*