Nine

What came after the storm, was the worst part

What came after the storm, was the worst part. The feelings of denial, or feeling overwhelmed is what Arsyn was already facing. After the bonfire; came the celebration.

Drinks had been passed all around the site, and so was Arsyn. She went from one elder to the other, all of whom praised her with endless kisses to her cheeks and rambles of how sacred she was. Next came the alpha's of the different packs set in the Quileute Tribe, all of them greeting Arsyn with respectful bows and priveleged hugs. "Your honor," Jacob smiled at Arsyn. "It's been a pleasure."

Had he known who she was all those weeks ago, he would have never tried to kill her. She was a treasure to the tribes around the world, and if she died- their destiny would be set; destruction.

She was alone now, leaning against a tree on the far side of the site. Inhaling and exhaling for any hint of air that would fill her dead body. But something happened. Not only is there blood coursing through her very dead corpse, but there was a beating heart too. She could hear it, clear as day, beating in her chest, pumping blood into her system. An actual beaiting heart.

Suddenly breathing became too difficult and Arsyn found herself gripping onto the collar of her coat before ripping the entire thing off and sending it flying to the mud underneath her. The cold wind of Washington caught up to her though, sending her skin to rise with sudden goosebumps and a small shiver to cling to her body. "It's starting."

Arsyn spun around quickly and held her throat. "Billy," she tried to breathe out. "What's happening to me," a single tear fell from her red eyes, but she quickly wiped it away before Billy could see it. "Billy." She repeated when all he did was stare at her. A sudden pain in her back caused her to fall to her knees and her hands to pull at her hair. A piercing scream escaped her lips before she could stop it, and the tree she was once leaning on, caught on fire.

Seth appeared behind Billy in an instant, followed by Carlisle and Edward. "What's going on?" Carlisle placed a hand on Billy's shoulder to gain his attention. "Our destiny has started," Billy looked at Arsyn in pure satisfaction when another pain in her back made her scream again. She fell on her side and gripped the dirt out of pain. "Help me," her red eyes bore into Carlisle's for a second, before she shut them when another wave of pain hit her back.

"Billy!" Seth screamed and ran towards Arsyn's convulsing body. "Help her!" He yelled at his Chief and gripped onto Arsyn's shoulders tightly. "What's wrong Arsyn? What hurts?"

"Step away from the queen, Seth."

Sam and Jacob appeared behind the two Cullen's and Billy gestured for them to come closer. "Take the queen back to the bonfire. It has begun," Billy spun with his wheelchair without another word. Jacob looked at Sam for an explanation, but all Sam did was nod and the two stepped forward.

"You're not touching her," Edward grabbed Sam's wrist and held him from going any further. Sam merely glanced at Edward, before ripping his wrist from the vampire's tight grip. "I'll do as I please," Sam huffed.