Chapter 21

XxAmber's P.O.V.xX

<1 hour later>

Finally, after packing some extra clothes for Jacky, we head off.

She seems just fine with traveling. Her kids ride on her big, red, furry back. Too bad that you can't turn into a wolf until you're sixteen.

We walk side by side in the forrest.

'Milo, are you going to welcome her into our pack?' I ask.

'That will be for D to decide.'

'What? Oh, no, not that pack. I mean me and you. Traveling pack.'

'Oh, well... How would I do that? There isn't a pack wall.'

'How did you invite me in?'

'I didn't do anything. You were just there. The only thing that was different was that I couldn't talk to the other pack members.'

'Maybe we could hold a miniture ceremony?'

'Maybe. But what would we do?'

'Ask her if she promises to respect us and help us the whole trip, then dip her paw in mud and put it on a tree or a boulder or something. Simple, but it could work. Has your alpha ever taught you how rogues group up? I mean, they obviously can talk, but they're always on the run. Where do they put paw prints?'

'I don't know. And no, he never taught me anything like that. But I think your idea would work.'

'So I guess when we reach the river we can do that, hugh?'

'Sure.'

For a few more minutes silence carries on, then, finally, there is a sound. One I wish DIDN'T happen.

At first, we think it is the river. A soft rumpling sound. We run forward, hoping to quench our thirst and begin our journey.

But, as we get closer, we all soon realize that we are wrong.

As the sound gets louder, I slow down. That doesn't sound like a river.

Soon, I am stopping.

Milo stops beside me.

'What is that?' I ask.

I am answered by a camo-colored jeep flying out of the bushes in front of us.

It sails over Jacky in what seems like slow motion.

She ducks in alarm, but no such luck for her kids.

Sam is a blond blur as his reflexes kick in. Marcus... Not so much.

He turns his head just in time to see the bumper of the jeep slam into his head.

I stand there, frozen, and watch him limply fall to the ground.

Jacky doesn't notice as she stays in place, obviously waiting for impact or more danger.

Milo rushes straight toward Marcus, who is bleeding terribly on his head.

I quickly turn my head, expecting him to change.

I watch the jeep swerve away and feel my lips pull back in a snarl.

They think they can just go where ever they want? Do what they want? Well, I got news. The forest is for wildlife. And those idiots are about to see my wild side.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hello!

Happy late halloween!

Please comment vote and fan... Treats, no tricks please.

Thanks for reading guys-bye bye!