Chapter 14

I peek open an eye due to a scruffing beside me.

Amber rises to her feet and looks around. Her eyes land on me and stay there. She slowly sits down, her eyes never leaving my face.

I sit up, opening my other eye. She looks surprised for a moment before thinking 'Milo.'

'That's it?' I ask playfully.

'Thanks?'

I give a wolfish smile and nod.

'Thanks a lot.'

'Your welcome. After are you are...' I wince, wanting to say my mate, but instead I finish, 'A pack member.'

She flinches and I feel bad. She looks at her paws and shuffles the dirt.

'Yup, just a pack member. That's it.'

I frown. If I was alpha I would've already told her she is my mate.

'Well, now what?' she asks.

'Now we start heading home I guess.'

'I guess so. Let's call the pack I guess? D? D?'

'Um... Amber? We can't call the pack.'

'What?! Why not?!'

I think for a moment, scanning through all of my alpha's training before I find it. I close my eyes and repeat what I'd learned. 'If 56% or more of one's pack believes that a wolf is dead, then it is impossible for the pack and the so called 'dead' wolf to communicate through the mind link.'

'They think we're dead?!'

'It's more than likely.'

She shakes her head. 'Wow.'

'As soon as you hit the water we all thought you were dead.'

'Why?'

'You weren't replying to any of us in our minds.'

'Then why did you come to get me?'

'I knew you were alive.'

'How?'

I pause. Disobeying my alpha's orders? Well, it's for my mate...

'Because...' I sigh in defeat. 'You're my... My...'

"Hey!"

Our heads snap up to a man, flanked with a huge wolf on each side. "What are you doing on our land?"

I look over at Amber to find her looking right back at me.

'Shift, I'll distract them.'

I just nod and race off, wondering where I'd get clothes.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

XxAmber's P.O.V.xX

I'm his what?! Ugh!

The man tries to chase him but I block his path and bark.

He sees my message and rolls his eyes. "We're all guys here."

I growl.

"Sorry," he mutters.

I look him up and down. He has black athlete shorts on and a red tee with a moon imprint on it. So original. His dark brown hair has white streaks.

"Where did he go?" the man asks.

I roll my eyes. Does he expect me to answer?

Milo came back in old clothes at that moment, tossing me some. I give him a thankful nod and turn to go change behind a bush.

I go to human and toss on the grey shirt that is way to big, followed by the jeans. It's uncomfortable with no underwear, but I guess that's okay.

I walk back to them.

"Who are you? Rogues?"

"No sir," replies Milo steadily. "We fell in the river, we're just passing through."

"Sure you are," sneers the man.

"We ar-"

"Follow us, or else."

'What the heck?! I just want to leave!' Milo thinks.

'Me too, but we have to.'

So we follow the wolves for a few minutes.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

XxMilo's P.O.V.xX

<6 minutes later>

It's so hot. Like a desert. A few dying bushes here and there, maybe even a sandy rock. But other than that it's just really hot sand.

"We're here," growls the leader of the group.

'Not much,' I think as I look around at about seven other wolves panting around in 'shade.'

About four more are surrounding one other wolf, who has no shade at all.

"Take them over there," orders what I now see as the alpha.

Then he struts over to the only cave in sight and sits down inside, cooled down completely.

The remaining wolves guide us to where the one wolf is surrounded.

The tiny gray wolf just gives us a sad glance.

Soon enough we are enclosed in their circle.

"Milo, what are they doing? Amber whispers in a worried tone.

"Not sure..." I reply.

The other two wolves leave.

"Well, do you have any idea at all?"

"You," says a new voice, "are being held prisoner."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

XxJonah's P.O.V.xX

Amber is dead. Milo is dead.

D is broken.

His best friend and sister, gone, completely. He doesn't even lead any boundary patrols anymore. He is breaking down.

This is our chance, to overtake our neighbors. They are known as the biggest most powerful pack, and I am sick of living in their shadow. Everyone needs to see ME, fear ME, not D!

I'm mated, so I'm stronger than him. That could be seen as a disadvantage, but it's not. Jenna isn't a little wussy, she can take care of herself so I don't need to worry about her. I've gained strength from her, that's the only thing mates are good for, though her loyalty is nice also. She's obsessed with me, she thinks I'm so manly.

Enough about her though, more about our attack.

We go new moon, because that's when they cannot see. We kill, take down D, overtake the survivors.

Simple, but very good.

And, soon enough, I, Jonah Wux, would become the ultimate alpha.

^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>

Hi everyone, so sorry for the lateness, I invited a friend over, went camping, my cousin came over, and this is my first free day.

Well blah blah, you know what happened in this chappie so ya.

Sorry it's short! Better than nothing!

And special thanks to my new fans, KaylieghHayles, susanstohelit2011, Nikkkky89, Random32, and Jessabellx! 25 fans! 0_O awesome.

91 votes, 21 comments, and receiving more all the time! Thanks for the support!

Comment, vote, fan, and dedicate! Please! Bye!