Chapter 7

D leads me into his cave.

'I don't really feel like changing. My paw hurts and it would just take up too much time...'

'Okay, it is fine. So please, tell me, would you like to stay in our camp?'

'No thank you.'

'Fight or heal?'

'I'm quite the fighter.'

'What is your emblem?'

'Love.'

He just nods slowly. 'I got the same, and it has lead me here. Always believe in your emblem. You will go far.'

'Okay.'

'Every member of the pack has mastered different things. You will have multiple teachers.'

'Um... When do I... Start?'

'Tomorrow, after school. But now you must get home. Watch out for rogues.'

'Got it. Can I take some clothes with me?'

He chuckles. 'Sure.'

'Wait... I have something important to tell you.'

'What's that?'

'The people we fought today... I heard them talking. They want to kill all wolves.'

He shrugs. 'I know. I've known for a week now.'

'What are we going to do?'

'Go forward with a warning. If they still are willing to do it, we strike first.'

'But how will we warn them?'

'We need someone they trust...'

'The man said he was going to ask my adoptive dad. I can do it,' I said in a big jumble.

'Very well. Don't make it obvious that you are a wolf.'

'Got it. Well, bye.'

'Bye, Amber.'

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I plop down on the couch. What a long day.

"Play Smash Bros, play Smash Bros!" Drew says as he tugs on my arm. "Play, play, play!"

"Not now, please, Drew! I'm exhausted..."

"Play wit me!"

"Later..."

"Now!"

"Family meeting!" calls Lance as he steps in the room.

"Coming!" shouts Amy back.

I sigh. Gosh. Is resting so much to ask for?

"My friend, Hank Lowson, just called. He has recently discovered the existence of... WEREWOLVES. He is gathering a team to help him get rid of them, and I have volunteered our family.

"He wants us to train. He says that they are very smart and that silver can kill them. Easy."

"I don't want to!" Amy blurts and every one looks at her in shock. "It's not fair, I like wolves, this is so... Different, stupid, cruel, what did they do?"

"They've killed lots of peop-"

"Panthers kill people! Bears kill people! Lions, tigers, sharks! But no one has tried to make them extinct yet!"

"But they could take over the world soon so we should-"

"Stop acting like we're in a movie! This is reality, Lance! Take over the world?! This is... Ugh! I'm going for a run!" and with that she gets up and does just that.

"Amy, I..."

At first I think it would be good for her. Alone time. But then I remember what D had said.

'We will strike first.' I shiver. I need to protect Amy.

"I'll go," I say. My eyes narrow at Lance, who is staring at his feet.

I get up and race out. As soon as I'm in the trees, I take off my clothes and go wolf.

Amy is fast! I have to run full speed to follow her. Strange.

I sniff and follow her scent over bushes and around trees.

Dang she's fast.

She doesn't bother to follow the path, she just goes out in the forest. Good way to get lost, if you ask me. Unless you're a wolf.

I stop and pant. Man, this is tiring.

My eyes search around for water. I really need some.

I glance up at the sun, setting down and turning the sky different shades of oranges, blues, and pinks.

I sigh. What will I do if my adoptive dad dies in this little war? Amy will be heartbroken, and I would have to deal with making her feel all right. Or maybe she would want revenge and try to kill me. Or she might die and I would have to take care of Drew...

I mentally slap myself. They are not going to die!

I am angry at myself, so I push forward to catch up with Amy.

Five minutes later I am running faster than the world. Okay I'm kidding, but I am running very fast.

I had just found wolf prints following Amy's scent.

Wolf prints I didn't recognize.

But at the speed that she is running, I'm not going to get to her in time.

My heart races, my feet pump, but I don't care.

I burst into a clearing, where I come to a halt.

A plain red-russet wolf sits under a tree in the clearing, but Amy is no where to be seen.

0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0@0

Hiiiiiiii everyone! Well it's a little short.

Ilovechocolate!

HYPERNESS!

So have fun and don't forget to breath! Or comment! Or vote! Or... FAN.

Bye!