Chapter 18

{Gabriel's oufit}

<I added a bit extra to the end of chapter 17, please go back and check it out>

(Recap:

When we get closer to the pack house I see Anna's eyes go wide in amazement. I'll have to help her get to Evie's room when we get there.

We get up to the door and when I open it, Evie is standing there waiting impatiently. "Oh hi Evie.")

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Gabriel's POV*

"Ok ok you're back now come on Anna, to the mall!" Evie says then begins to drag my mate back outside.

"EVIE WAIT!!!!" I call after her.

"WHAT?! You're taking up precious shopping time." She says back very annoyed.

"You're going to be taking Derrick and Aaron with you."

"WHAT?!" Derrick asks me.

Followed by Aaron asking "Do we have to go?"

"Yes." I reply to them in my alpha tone which leaves no room for argument. "Because Evie and Anna want to go shopping and I don't want them to go alone."

The boys follow Evie and Anna to the car, not looking happy at all.

I watch them leave and now I can't see their car I decide that I should go to my office and start some work.

'I miss her' Ryder whines in my head.

'I know, I do too. But she does need clothes and I have a lot of work to do.' I reply to him. At the moment I'm going over some emails that I got asking if I would make treaties with them so that if rogues ever attack, my pack would assist them and vice versa. But I only choose the ones that I know will be hepful if a time comes that it's needed. For example, there's this pack called the Golden Moon pack. They're not one of the largest, but not the smallest either. You're probably thinking, why don't you make treaties with the larger packs? The problem with that is that they may be the largest, but not the strongest. What's the point of having more numbers but not better strength. With the Golden Moon pack, they're one of the strongest. One of their fighters can take down three wolves at a time and not get tired. Where as the Blue Ridge pack has fighters that takes down one at a time and after about three or four opponents, they are tired which means they're more vulnerable and causes my pack more difficulties.

Also the alpha of the Golden Moon pack is a good friend of mine. So I give him a call so we can set up a meeting to sign the treaties and make it official.

"Hello this is alpha Lucas Richmond."

"Hey man it's Gabriel."

"Hey Gabe, what's up man?"

"Not much, just calling to set up a meeting so we can get this treaty takin care of. Also to tell you that I found my mate." I said the second half of it really fast hoping he would understand me because he's going to ask me so many questions about it.

"Sure, how about in four days, I'll be over. So I can meet your mate and you can meet my new beta."

"Ok sounds like a plan."

"Great! But I have one request."

"And that is?"

"When we're over, I don't wanna hear no bed squeaking or loud moaning or.."

"Goodby Lucas." I say than hang up. Ugh I new he was say stuff like that.

I check over some more emails from various alphas wanting to make treaties, but the ones asking are the ones with snobby alphas. I don't want to be associated with them because lord knows they're gonna piss another alpha off for no damn reason. I'm not going to send my warriors to a meaningless fight. After taking care of the emails, I focus on arranging a time for a party so I can introduce Anna as my mate and the luna of the pack.

Rrring, rrring, rrring.

"Hello this is alpha Gabriel Carter how ca"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" I hear someone yell and I already know who.

"I'm sorry mom I didn't have time to we"

"DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO?! YOU PICK UP THE PHONE AND DIAL MY NUMBER. BETTER YET, YOU COULD HAVE MIND LINKED ME! BOY WHEN I SEE YOU. YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO."

You may think, come on he's a grown man he shouldn't be afraid of his mom. Well my mom is scary when she's pissed. "Hey mom, I'm taking my mate to dinner tonight why don't you meet us there?"

"Alright, but don't think you're off the hook."

Damn.

"What time should we be there?" She asks me.

"8:00" That seems like a pretty reasonable time considering it's 5:30 now.

I hear the front door open so I leave my office and I see Anna and Evie going up srairs with Aaron and Derrick just walking through the door with their arms full of bags. I just laugh at the sight because it's so funny, it looks like they're struggling with carrying them.

"You know you could help instead of just standing there laughing." Derrick says in an annoyed tone.

"Nah I'm good."

"Gabriel there's something we need to talk about." Derrick says in a now very serious voice.

"Let's go to the office. Just set the bags by the door and I'll have some of the women take them up." I tell them.

The three of us walk to my office and they sit down and they tell me about what happened at the mall.

"I'm glad I sent you two with them. From now on, Anna will never be alone. I don't want anything to happen to her." I tell them. "We need to get Shane over here so they can meet. He's going to be her bodyguard."

"You're not worried about him making a move?" Aaron asks me.

"No because he found his mate and he's one of the best fighters we have. Aling with his mate, Jack. So I have full trust in them. Shane's parents have protected my mom so I'm going to have him guard Anna."

"Alright well it's time for me to get ready for my date with her. I also have to tell her that my parents are going to be there."

"Since when?" Derrick asks.

"Since my mother called, screaming at me that I didn't tell her that I found my mate."

"Wow, I bet Anna's gonna love you for throwing this information on her last minute."

"Shut up man. I have to go get ready bye." I say to them.

"Good luck." Derrick calls after me. What ever. I walk up to my room and change into a nice suit with some of my black dress shoes and leave my hair as it is. Now I'm waiting downstairs when Evie comes down and says "AND NOW, I PRESENT ANNABELLE FERRIS, GABRIEL CARTERS MATE!" Grabbing the attention of everyone in the living room. Way to go Evie.

As Anna is coming down the steps, she looks like an angel, absolutely radiant. She smiles at me while walking down. We head to my car and I open the door for her so she can climb in.

"I hope you won't be mad at me." I say to her.

She turns to m and asks "Why would I be mad at you?"

"Well my mom called earlier and says she wants to meet you soooo.... she's meeting us at the restaurant."

"You're kidding right?" She says just staring at me.

"No, I'm sorry really I am, please don't be mad at me."

She looks to me and sighs, "I was gonna have to meet them sometime so better now than later I guess."

"Soooo you're not mad at me?"

"Oh no, I'm furious, but we'll deal with that later." She tella me.

Great so she is mad at me. Just perfect. I pull up in front of the restaurant and hop out of my side so I can orn her door. I open it than hand my keys to the valet. When we walk inside...