Chapter 9

(Recap:

"Doctor Jones." Gabriel says.

"Yes, hello alpha. What can I do for you?" A woman asked judging by the sound of her voice.

"I need you to examine her and make sure she's ok, she ran into a desk." When he says that, I look down and blush. While I was blushing, I mumbled "It was an accident." and pout. I hear who I believe is Gabriel chuckle at what I just said.

"Well we can take her to this room and I can begin my examination." The doctor says. "Ok, put her on the table than."

So Gabriel sets me on what I'm guessing is the table.

"Ok dear I need you to lift your shirt up." Dr. Jones asks me.

I'm a little reluctant because I don't want Gabriel to see me so I look towards the doctor and asks "Can we do this alone?"

"Absolutely not." Gabriel interjects.

"Alpha, I must say that if she would feel more comfortable that I would need you to wait outside." Dr. Jones says.

"Is that what you really want Anna?" He asks me.

"Yes please." I look towards him.

"Alright, than I will wait outside."

Thank god. Now it won't be as awkward. At least I thought that until the doctor asks, "Does he know you're blind?"

Once she said that I just look at her with wide eyes and think, how the hell did she find out so quickly.

It's like she read my mind because next she says "You were patting around the bed and when you looked at him you didn't meet his eyes, you were looking at his nose."

I look down and sigh, "I guess you're gonna tell him now right?"

"I can't do that." She says.

I look towards her and ask "Why?"

"It would break the doctor and patient privacy policy."

"YES!"

"But you do know that you have to tell him eventually."

"I know, but I'm afraid that if I tell him, he might reject me and say how he doesn't want a blind mate."

"But you're not completely blind are you?"

"What? I don't understand your question."

"I mean that you're not a blind human."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?!"

"It's my job and you also have a necklace with the symbol of fairy royalty. Just like I know how Evie is a fairy."

"Wow that's incredible."

"And I must tell you now that the alpha won't reject you, I've known him since he was just a pup and the minute he found out about mates, he's been waiting his whole life."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. I think we better start with the examination before he looses his patience and come barging back in here."

"Oh yea you're right."

"Ok so I need you to lift up your shirt so I can examine your injury." Dr. Jones requests of me.

"Ok." So I lift up my shirt and when I finally get a good look at it, I see just how bad it actually is.

"Now back in your world, what kind of herb did you use to heal faster."

"We used Comfrey crushed with Cleavers to treat bruising and inflammation." I told her.

"Ok I will get those together right away." Dr. Jones said then left.

You all are probably wondering why she doesn't use regular medicine, well because where I come from we don't have all the different types of medicine but we had every herb there could possibly be. We use the herbs which are actually more effective to my kind than the normal medicine.

As I'm waiting for the doctor to return I hear a knock on the door, when I say 'Enter' someone walks in and when they ask me "So did the doctor say you're ok?"