Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

Kemint coughs of shock and wipes the blood from his chin. Sail and Cover, the worse menders known to man, were dragging supplies over to Kemint, determined to help this guy out. I was going to lose my patience with this guy as well. Everyone just would not leave me alone. All I wanted currently was to be left alone — not in a cage or in a closed off space — with no sounds, no hesitations, no signs of aggravating nuisances and no blood. I wouldn't mind packing Sail with me. He knows when I need space, and he knows when I need help, plus he can calm me down. 

"Rid the game of weak and focus on the strong."

I had to admit, those voices were really beginning to kick into gear when I needed them the most. The only thing that could ruin my perfect plan to destroy Vow, was if my schizophrenia kicked in and made my few drops of sanity totally vaporize. But that wouldn't be the first time if that had happened.

I wasn't going to take anymore chances. I wanted Vow dead, and I will make her dead.

Hearing bandages tear, I watched as the dark silhouettes of Vow and Nitera head towards me. Pulling the gun from my belt and aimed it on Nitera's shoulder blade. Holding nothing back, I watched as multiple bullets fly through the air. Not caring where they hit, I continued to shoot until no more bullets were left. Throwing the gun aside, I drew my knife.

Hearing a thump and a groan echo, the sound became louder as the shells of bullets dropped delicately on to the grass, as one raced past my ear. Whipping my head towards Vow, she kept the gun shakily in her hand. Bullets, untouched, fell from her hands as she poorly aimed her gun towards my head. Raising an eyebrow, I searched my belt for a pair of two small guns. Getting a hold of them, I slid a finger through on and the other. Raising them towards Vow, I slowly pulled the button back and sent the bullets flying.

Not expecting to receive a taste of my own medicine, I quickly dodged the bullets headed for me. My hands tightening against the gun's handles, I continued to shoot each bullet in perfect sync with the other gun. Feeling a bullet graze my arm, I looked over at Nitera, who hand a ling black glove covering her left arm. Long chains laced around the fabric, held small plastic containers of bullets. Pulling her elbow backwards, a click was sounded, causing her palm to open. Watching a bullet, marked with gold roses and silver vines, heading towards me, I quickly shielded myself by sending two bullets straight for Nitera's big eyes of girly innocence. The beautifully designed bullet fell to the grass and turned to metallic ash. It made me wonder what type of impact that sort of bullet would have burdened on me.

Feeling blasts of air rush past my bones, I glared at Vow who was already panting and dripping in terrified sweat. Smiling at this fact, I let my footsteps crunch the ash of the bullets Nitera kept missing, nearing Vow, I dropped my guns — parallel to each other — and pulled out a long, pristine knife. The perfect weight and beautiful, slightly tainted blade made my love of knives shoot up to the sky. A slightly used blade reflected security and success. There weren't many blades like mine that were so fine and thin, yet sharp to a deadly point. 

Watching Vow gulp hesitantly, I took slower steps, breaking the silence. My heavy feet landed prints in the grass as I continued to walk along the long green grass. My feet were nearly sopping in morning dew as the rising sun brought digital streams of navy blues, purples with a dash of gold. Keeping the handle clutched in my hands, my fingers nearly bled from the intensity of my strength. Stopping, I could hear Nitera's curses being muttered from her breath as she fumbled around for more gorgeous bullets, but most of all, I could hear Vow's terrified gasps. Her shoulders rising and falling. Her mouth not being able to calm the quiver. And her eyes shut tight, blocking the sight of me from her pupils. 

Racing forward, I let the blade thrust forward and passed Vow's ear and drew another. Sending the blade straight through Vow's arm, I let the one next to her ear drop and skim the flesh from the bones of her arm. The sound of blood gushing and dripping, I let a sadistic smirk wash over my face. Any emotion of sympathy or concern was never given — never even crossing my mind or flashing in my eyes — it only rested in my core, locked up and stored away until one of my own team mates was injured.