Chapter Eight

Eight

The first thing that came to my mind was, Fiiinnnaaalllyyy! I was just that desperate to get out of this bloody hell hole. Even if Art was somehow on our tail, and was trying to kill us for the sake of the Richs, I didn't care one bit, when we were out of here I was going to stab those Richs until they topple to the ground like a bunch of dominos. Because I bet they didn't expect us just to slam right into one of their force fields! I was so giddy and excited that Sail had to slowly twist my wrist until I came to my senses. Even though I should've been expecting that, I still shot him a glare of pain. Sail rolled his eyes and shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him then swung my head away from his gaze, making my hair swish past his chest. 

"How do you break it?" Cover asked and faced me as if I were to know what to do — which I ahd no clue. I looked up at Sail, hopeful, but as he whipped his head back to me, he stared at me confused. I arched my eyebrows irrated and looked away.

"Sail? Have any ideas?" I asked over my limit of being pissed-off. He looked down at me and gave me that lazy shrug that I hated just as much as Vow. And the Richs. I sighed loudly and ran my nails against his arm. He looked down at me.

"What!" He asked harshly. I stepped backwards and pulled my nails from his arm. As he stared tersely at me I gulped loudly trying to regain my composure.

I exhaled deeply before explaining. "Do you have any ideas to —" I watched as his attention was pulled from me and to the darkness that we escaped. I pounded my fist against his arm and growled. "Fucking look at me when Im speaking you asshole!" 

He looked back at me with a straight face. He wasn't the least bit affective. "Okay." 

I felt my jaw drop and my eyes widen. Did he just.... He did not.... No freaking way is he getting off that easily! "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"N...nothing. Continue." He mumbled and tensed as I raised an eyebrow of suspicion but continued to speak anyway. Cover leaned against the force field and felt around with his hands for a sign of escaping. As time flew by of us brainstorming I noticed as the seconds were being knocked down Sail was tensing up and wildly feeling his belt. As I finished my suggestion, Cover began to list off certain items we still had. I occisionally glanced up at him and rarely did I ever catch his eye. I blinked bewildered and looked at my feet. "I'm fine, don't worry." 

Like you've been 'fine' since your parents completely turned on you and threw you out of the house. I thought to myself and looked back at Cover trying to help with his suggestions. 

※※※

"What about the knife?" Cover asked curiously and reached for my belt. I jerked away and angrily glared at him. He blinked stunned.

"No!" I shouted and slammed my fist on Cover's newly bandaged arm that I had just recently finished up. He was a walking roll of bandages, and that was no joke. Cover sighed exhausted and slammed his forehead against the force field. I rolled my eyes and leaned next to Sail, who was preoccuping himself with that same spot since an eon ago. I looked up at him and nudged him. "What's wrong?"

He glanced down at me momentarily then pulled his attention back up. "Nothing, it's fine.... So —"

"Don't worry." I ended for Sail and pulled at the bandage around my neck. He stared down at me and flashed a weak, hesitant smile. I rolled my head to one side and watched Cover press his palms against the forcefied desperate to escape just as much as I was. I rolled my head back over and saw Sail's face less than ten centimeters from mine. He wanted to know what was wrong. "I'm fine, don't worry." I mimicked and shot him a stern glare. He kept his gaze fixed on mine, his face total unreadable and expressionless — I decided to give him the same. "I'm sick of it,"