Chapter Ten

Ten

Shit.

Just fucking shit.

I was in more trouble than anyone could possible have ever known. Being flown up in the air with a cannibal was the worse things that could've happened to me (one of the worse things). Even though I was expect Sail to save the day, I had a sinking feeling that he was gone...forever.

Now I'm getting sappy. I thought and let out a loud sigh. I slowly craned my neck around and saw the horrific black eyes of death shoot me a hungry glare. I blinked slowly as I pulled my attention back to the mountain summit still within view. My hair was pulled safely against my neck along with my quivering hands. I was terrified. So terrified that I had to occasionally remind my heart to beat rhythmically.

The Alices scared me insanely, and being touched and flown by one — who could possibly kill me — was my phobia. It was worse than my claustrophobia and arachnophobia combined together. I always joked about calling it 'Alicesophobia', but I figured that if I were to really serious about that, Cover and Sail — especially Cover — would never let me live it down. Until I die in the next few years or so.

Suddenly Arrow tilted towards a small clearing and landed smoothly onto the ground. As he let go of me, my heart was pounding like a hellion in my chest. My eyes stung from the wind that was violently blown in my face and my hands still shook as I stepped away from him quickly. I stumbled backwards and let my hair fall down my back. He kept his slender blue wings dancing in the breeze as I whimpered in a crouched position. Before you get devoured by a cannibal, you always have that second thought of 'I wish I had some sanity' or 'Kill me now'; I, on the other hand was totally paralyzed and could not even process what the hell was going on. First, I fell asleep on Sail's chest exhausted and pissed off about the dinner. Second, I woke up in the arms of a cannibal. Third, I was now whimpering helplessly in a clearing with the cannibal standing behind me, who was probably fixing his plan in his head.

I was a warrior, apparently, but even warriors have their largest, most paralyzing fears as well. It was unlike me to be so paralyzed that I couldn't even cuss and shoot my gun. It was rare and death threatening. I heard Arrow's crunching footsteps near me along with the flapping strands of the bandages attached to his chest. I could hear a knife being pulled from his rough black pants' pocket and instantly I knew I had to draw my weapon in order to stand and fight.

I stumbled to my feet and fumbled for my gun, but my belt wasn't there. I couldn't freak out — or at least I tried my hardest not to — my steps were small and hesitant as I kept my fists clenched. Arrow's knife caught the sunlight, making it glare right in my brown eyes painfully. I squinted slightly and readied myself for the fight. But a gust was blown over me and a knife surprisingly slashed my arm quickly. Even if the slash was quick, it was deeply imprinted on my arm. The blade sliced me again, this time more deeply and on my right arm. The blood was slowly escaping my wound, even if it had already spurted like a hose on my white shirt's sleeve and Arrow's knife. This process left me weak and confused as he repeatedly slashed my arms until I fell to the ground crying and quietly begging for Sail to come.

I could hear Arrow chuckle and feel his smirk consume me. His knife was dropped next to my feet as he knelt in front of me. My eyes were squeezed shut, but the tears still flowed easily. "Even the strongest girls need their hero..." Arrow snickered. The tone in his voice as he said 'strongest' was sarcastic and annoyed. He must've thought I was a joke. I opened my eyes and glanced over at the knife. I was no joke, I just had something called patience. He cupped his hand under my chin and licked his lip. Far more than terrified; I tried to jerk away but he kept it firmly pressing against my chin. My hand searched for the knife as he continued to smile devilishly. Was he oblivious to the fact that the knife lay right next to my foot rather obviously? Or was he waiting as well? "How sweet." I laced my fingers around the bloody, rubber handle and continued to make half eye contact with Arrow. As I raised the knife, he pressed me against the ground then knocked the knife from my grasp. He laughed. I kept my face straight, silent and firm. My heart was pounding as I slowly inhaled. Mentally I was about to collapse into a pile of nothing but pure shaken feared rubble. "You are really stupid." My eyebrows furrowed. "But we can rid that from the world easily. Just like those sex toys."