Chapter One

One

Lacing my fingers around the handle of my knife, I clenched it furiously as I glanced up at the Di. My face burnt with hatred as I charged quickly, distracting the, long blood redhead, Di with my knife. Swinging by her ear, I held my gun up against her forehead. The cold tip of my gun, kept the forehead of the Di icy cold. Biting my lip - almost drawing blood - I waited for the right moment, then without hesitation, without a pause, without a beat; I pulled the trigger with no mercy. Feeling the shell of the bullet skim my flesh deeply, I kept my wince at a minimal expression and watched as the Di's metal carcass tumbled to my feet. Having some sort of sadistic satisfaction due to this, I kicked the body away after suddenly hearing a crash.

Quickly craning my neck over my shoulder, I heard the loud footsteps of another Di racing towards me. Feeling a pump of adrenaline enter my veins, I smiled as I raised my knife as if I did this everyday. Which I do, but it left me somewhere...somewhere no words could explain it. It felt as if I were somewhere else. Somewhere were only I defeat each Di one by one using only my weapons and hands. It felt as if I had stripped all the problems that cluttered my head, letting it drown the knife in my worries and pains then sending it off into the soul of dying opponent.

Spinning on my heel, I drew my gun from my belt and aimed it at the lunging Di, before shooting multiple times before the expression was blank and the robotic body was sent flying towards the earth if the arena, twitching as an electric wave ran over the white tin.

And that was one way how I lived my life.

Hearing the hysterical laughter of Cover, I glanced over at him. His leg was pressed against the Di's face - firm and violent - and his balance didn't even shake as the Di tried to grab for his leg. Knowing not to interfere, I watched as Cover quickly whipped his leg backwards and sent a fist straight for the Di's tin chest. Hearing the tin slowly dent and the disgusting blood (I never found out if it was or wasn't real. It tasted awful...) ruin the system; the Di's capacity of hits was nearly filled. Watching as Cover sent another fist to hit the Di squarely in the jaw, he jabbed his fingers in the Di's neck, covering his body in that disgusting blood. Watching the tin body smash against the hard soil; Cover flashed me a smile before continuing his fighting.

The sound of an arrow dropping suddenly captured my attention; glancing up the tall trees, I saw two perched silhouettes: Sail and Vow. Watching both of them place their arrows under the notch and pulled towards their ear. Vow struggled to keep her arm completely firm and straight. Even so, a colorful dash of green, orange, pink and blue streamed across the sky, mesmerizing the Di. Watching it disperse; the pieces of oily tin thundered to the ground like rain as I slid my knife into my belt and watched my Di's eyes slowly melt into red rivers. The tin cracked open and rusted as I let my own blood run over Di's white tin.

Blinking before me, I saw a small blade pressed relentlessly against my flesh. My chest was heaving as griped the blade tighter, feeling it dig slowly into my palm. Blood was dripping deafeningly on the tin as I kept my bewildered glance staring intently. Why had I done that? Seeing small fuzzy images lingering around the blade, I watched as they grew in size, shaking and coloring themselves. My eyes widening, my heart began to pound furiously as I flung the blade across the ground. Watching the dust float with the breeze, I felt the worried, sympathetic eyes glue on my forearm. Collapsing to my knees, I blinked back my feared tears and tried to keep a straight face as I spoke. "Sail," I called softly, the tears threatening to race up my throat. Sail nodded and looked down at me curiously. Inhaling deeply, I rubbed my forearm and made sure nothing was sticking on the flesh. I shuddered, when I felt a bump, but the assurance of Vow's silence was all I needed for me to continue. "get me a cloth." Walking towards the bags, I stared at the bloodstained ground.