Chapter Twelve

Twelve

"Why would I joke about this Sail?" I shouted furiously, just finishing my quoting of The Born and Vow's devious plan to roll me off of the planet so they could rule the Desires without someone always on their case. Sail was leaning against the concrete walls next to Cover, who was well past passed out. The natural original stench of the cell was still lurking in the shadowed corners of the concrete; it was starting to kill off my nose. A long piece of blood stained metal was drilled on to the wall across from myself, Sail and Cover, along with a small sink with a overly soiled-and-never-washed rag. It was disgusting just to glance around and realize how lazy the Takers were. The only thing that was clean was a small mirror printed into the wall below the tiny barred window at the back of the cell — it, the mirror, was also a new edition. Which I didn't understand why. How many children who've been kept captive in a cell would check a mirror? It just didn't make sense. Suddenly, I heard Sail groan quietly and stare at me. 

"I don't think you're joking. I never said anything for the past forty-five minutes." Sail sighed exasperated and kept himself glued to the wall. I narrowed my eyes at him before whipping my attention away and staring through the bars to see a dark staircase looming before us. I never doubted the power of the security here anymore. After being hauled away by every possible (minus the Dis) species of 'human' here, being questioned about what I heard then finally being stripped raw, I knew better than to doubt. I just went with whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if the Takers were watching Sail and I speak as they kept their gazes glued on our dark silhouettes. I just hoped they wouldn't be insane like their dead ally. If Takers do have allies, that is. "Anyway," Sail managed to retrieve my attention and pull my gaze back to his. The intensity of his gaze was breathtaking as he slowly shuffled over trying to hide something. His new black long sleeve was pulled heavily over his forearm which had an odd indent plastered on. Suddenly I instantly knew what he was doing and what he was hiding. I stumbled forward, yanking the life out of his arm and revealing my grandmother's beautiful silver gun that was filled with trust. I didn't hug, I didn't thank. I just stood there staring at the gun, my forte. I didn't need a fucking shard to destroy these damn people, I didn't need a rusty, old iron bar to watch the building shatter to glass shard rubble. I had something better. Something that I wouldn't hold any guilt of killing someone. (Not that I was guilty about killing that Taker, she had it coming for her). "I snagged it from one of the chambers well Doctor Berry was out chasing after you."

"Doctor Berry?" I question as I lifted eyes. Sail was staring at the staircase, probably just as paranoid (just more subtle) as me about the Takers recording our every move. 

"Cover gave her the nick name." Sail slid his hands into his black pants and stared at the window. It had to be around midnight or later, since the stars were still vaguely visible in the deep navy and purple sky. It was amazing about how much I learned in less than twenty-four hours of being in the Forever Desires, I learned about time, different colors and clothing. Apparently there was a difference between the shades of greens, pinks, blues, purples and what not. Same went with pants. 

Those were the times when I was thankful I was stuck in an arena and not wasting my life wearing clothes and obsessing over relationships every second of my day. And that I wasn't a stupid, flawless, useless female. That would absolutely suck.

But at least I wouldn't; be scarred for life with near death experiences, have tasted blood, have to bathe in a river without soaps (I also learned about how many colors and fragrances they came in) and various other major 'freak out' things the 'Styling' team were horrified about. They were the ones I was handed off to, to be cleaned and dressed. They weren't exactly nice, but they weren't exactly horribly mean either. Which was a drastic change in people I have met.