twenty eight • there's no training wheels left for you

Start from the beginning

"Oh, really?" Ghoul asked, snorting as he lay his fingers on the gun that rested in the holster on his thigh for now.

"I know you were lying about running. Honestly, I would too, so it's cool I guess. But, really? Choose a better lie. I can see straight through it after one look at you."

"Thanks, but it isn't exactly my fault either then, I'm guessing you just know."

Revolution continued after some quick and quiet thought. "Listen here, you little shit. I know about your depression, I know about the meds you're taking for it from Battery City. I know about your...hm, let's call it illness and I know about what else happened in Battery City. Would be a shame if someone said something to someone, huh? Stopped those meds from coming to you, or something like that?

"You know what else? I also am finding myself agreeing with Party. Of course, she was nice about it and just said you were chubby, and that's sweet, it really is, but I wasn't expecting this. A whole 'nother level of...well, I mean, I don't want to be really rude, but you are kinda fat, I guess would be nicer than whale, so... Aside from that, the tattoos are kind of a turn off. Why so many? They're covering up the only likable thing about you, but I honestly don't know what that is, seeing as your personality is also just stellar."

"Why...why are you telling me this?" Ghoul finally asked, looking up for a moment with an expression that almost couldn't be read. It was a mix of too much, so much, yet at the same time knowing that this man wasn't completely lying- that at least some parts of what he were saying were true, and Party might actually just view him that way. At the same time, he also hadn't been aware that he'd been enrolled in a sixth grade class somewhere.

"Because Gee wants you to fuck off. Frankly, so do I. But hey, you fucked Party Poison while you could. Counts for something, right? I think that's all you were to her- a good fuck while it lasted."

Both men looked up at the sound of the voices coming from inside, however while Battery Revolution made his exit via stage right, Ghoul pushed the back door open and went back inside, making his way to the kitchen where he noted Party standing quietly. He hurt, just seeing her right there because he wanted to be the one to hug her and tell her that it was all okay, but at the same time he had to know. He couldn't just wrap his arms around her waist, rest his head on her back and say that it would be okay somehow; Ghoul wasn't that much of a pushover.

"Am I not good enough?"

-

"That's what happened?" Jet asked, cocking an eyebrow. Kobra had nodded, shamefully eavesdropping from behind the door but at the same time feeling it was better he had. "Well...I...shit..."

Kobra shrugged, looking down and shaking his head. "Just need to be careful."

"Why? What are you afraid is going to happen?"

"I'm afraid Frank is going to snap and kill everyone nearby."

Jet Star shook his head after a moment. "He wouldn't. Just..relax. You need it, I need it, and we can go try and find Party tomorrow. Or, you can. He'll listen to you."

"It's not safe to go alone-"

"Michael James Way. Do not tell me that it is not safe to go alone when you of all people can handle yourself out in the desert on your own."

The blonde sighed. "Ray, you're my best friend, but I wouldn't expect you to understand."

There was a sheepish laugh from the taller of the two. "Yeah, okay. Charge your gun tonight, you can take your bike. I'm going to start giving the car a paint job."

"I'm going to pack a couple of things. Get a bag ready just in case I'm out for a long time," Kobra mused as he got up from his chair and went into his shared bedroom. Though, he really just sat there with his back against the door and listened to what domestic dispute was going on between Jet and Ghoul now.

Of course, nobody was ever hurt when this happened. Jet Star was too much of an oversized teddy bear and Fun Ghoul was just an abnormally small teddy bear. They only started yelling if Ghoul started yelling, so there was another factor that contributed. It was always something stupid that they fought over, but that was to be expected.

"Will you just eat something?"

"I'm not hungry! Jesus Christ!"

"Oh, bullshit. I've heard your stomach growling all morning."

"I'm just not hungry. Calm your bitch tits."

Kobra sighed, starting to actually pull together a bag, because at this rate he'd probably be able to hear them in Battery City, and maybe even further out.

"I feel inclined not to believe you."

"I feel like you should believe me. I think I know when I'm fucking hungry, I'm not six anymore!"

There was an audible groan, presumably from Jet, and a sigh from the other. Kobra closed his bag and left it on the bed as he went out to look between the two. Someone had to step in as leader when Party wasn't going to try anymore. It was a scary thought, but the blonde had been a grown up for fifteen years by now. What else was new?

"Both of you, quit it. This isn't a time we should be fighting," Kobra snapped, "Ghoul, fucking eat something. Jet...just...cool it, okay?"

"He-"

"I don't fucking care who started it, because I just finished it."

The other two in the room stared at Kobra, shocked at his choice of words, but frankly so was he.

The blonde grabbed a can of juice from the table before going back into his room. He needed to finish packing his bag, make sure it was lightweight enough for his bike, then get enough sleep to leave early tomorrow morning. Sleep was for the weak, but then again Kobra guessed he would be weak in that regard for the night.

He didn't even want to talk to Jet Star when he'd wandered inside the room at the end of the night. "Hey, everything alright?" he'd asked, putting on a smile like he felt obligated to.

"No, but I'll live. It'll...it'll just all be better when Gerard gets back," the blonde said, "besides, that homeless rat I was telling you about doesn't even know what he's talking about. Party would never-"

"You have too much faith in your brother," Jet interrupted, "not that I don't have any, but too much is...well, I guess what I'm saying is that it's unlikely he was lying entirely if that's what you heard exactly. Maybe he and Frank talked more than either of us knows."

Kobra looked down. "I...I want to believe Gerard. I want to believe he wouldn't say anything like that. I mean, if he said that about Frank, what would he say about us?"

"You? Nothing. Me? Who knows."

The two sat there for a long time staring at each other in a very 'no homo' way before Jet stood up and looked down at Kobra.

"It's late, you're leaving early. Sleep..." he paused, "wait. Just...quick question; what is this illness everyone keeps saying Frank has or had?"

The blonde blinked. "It's not my place to say," he finally uttered, "but if he won't tell you sometime soon then I will. You deserve to know, he's your friend too."

"Just...if he's dying or something, I guess. I want to know."

"He could die still if we aren't careful. I'm surprised."

"By what?"

"The fact he's still breathing."

- - - - - -

lol drama llama i'm excited are you?? probs not lol but hey no death for one chapter :DDD
<3 u moar than kanye loves kanye, votes and comments are appreciated xx