Chapter 17

Chapter 17

::Shannon::

As soon as we reached the town the guy was talking about and Jay stopped the motorbike, I got off and backed away. I was still shaking, my hair probably looking like it had never been brushed before and I was pretty sure that I was as pale as that freakin' vampire, Edward Cullen.

Or a white sheet of paper.

"Oh my god." I tried to stop my knees from trembling.

Jay just laughed and got off the bike. We were at a gas station and Jay filled it with petrol. I waited by the bike until he paid for it and came back out again. He approached me with two packets of crisps, one 2L bottle of Coke and two sandwiches.

We found a park nearby and sat down by a fountain on a bench. It was a pretty small park with only a few trees here and there. But then again, I was sick of seeing trees..and bushes. Apart from a medium-sized, plain looking fountain in the middle of green park, nothing really stood out. It was ordinary and pretty dull looking, the one back home was way more spacious, bigger. And at least it was quiet. This park was full of people, probably locals from the town. It seemed to be a pretty small town.

I ate my sandwich in silence, savouring the taste. I had been so hungry, starving actually.

When I finsihed my sandwich, I opened my crisps. I took a crisp out and put it in my mouth, grinning. Then I scrunched up my face and checked the label on it. It said 'Bacon flavoured'.

"What's wrong?" Jay asked, eating his own packet of crisps.

"I hate bacon flavoured crisps." I looked at his packet of crisps.

SALT AND VINEGAR, yes! I quickly swapped the two packets and munched happily on the salt and vinegar ones.

I caught Jay giving me a funny look. "What?" I asked, puzzled. "Salt and vinegar are my favourite."

"Whatever," Jay threw his packet of crisps away - he probably hated bacon too, but then why did he freakin' buy it?! - and stood up. He took out his phone and dialled a number.

"Who you calling?" I said with a mouthful of crisps.

"Just stay here, okay? I need to make an urgent phone call. I'll be back in a few minutes." Jay said firmly.

I shrugged and watched as he walked away, putting a few feet between us.

"I need to make an urgent phone call." I mimicked his voice and rolled my eyes, then dumped my empty crisps away into a trashcan. I puffed out my cheeks and started poking them: something I did when I was bored.

I saw Jay walking in my direction but he kept his eyes on his phone, typing something. Then a girl stopped him by placing her hand lightly on his arm. She was slim and was wearing a dark purple coloured dress that came down to her mid-thighs (very short, if you ask me) and a dark jacket one similar to Jay's. Her legs seemed very thin but long. She had high heels on and was nearly the same height as Jay with them on.

Jay's head snapped up and when he saw the girl his face expression changed. He grinned at her and they began talking.

It seems like he knows her. Who is she?

::Jay::

"Alexis?" I asked, dumbfounded. I gave her a grin and she laughed.

"That's me!" she said, her hand never leaving my arm.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, amused.

"I live here. Just a down the street actually." She red lips pulled into a smirk.