Chapter 7

Chapter 7

::Shannon::

I woke up the next day, feeling way too tired. I had stayed up the night before, talking to Adam and Chloe on the phone. I assured them that I was fine because Adam had freaked out when we didn't follow him to the cinema last night.

But I still didn't figure out what to do about the diamonds. I had hid them safely in my bedroom, under my bed in a wooden box that had flowers carved into it. My grand-dad had made it for me on my 13th birthday.

The diamonds just barely fit into it.

So I nearly couldn't wake up at 6AM to get ready for school. My hair was a mess, one of those days, so I tied it up in a bun and hoped that no one would notice that my bangs were a little bit frizzy.

I didn't bother putting on make-up and just threw on a plain, light green t-shirt and a cream coloured, long cardigan over it. I decided to wear my light brown uggs and just a white pair of skinny jeans.

I walked downstairs and grabbed a slice of toast, which popped up just as I walked into the kitchen.

My mom and dad were sitting at the table, drinking tea and eating jam and toast happily.

"You had a date last night?" My mom asked, grinning. I tapped my nose, a sign that she was getting 'nosey'.

My dad froze. "A date? with who?"

I shrugged. "Some new kid in my school."

"Ooh, do tell," my mom stopped eating and I knew I had her full attention.

"Yes, do tell what you did last night, Shannon." My dad said in his serious 'my little girl shouldn't date until she's 65' tone.

"Nothing, we went to a restaurant-"

"5 star?" my mom asked.

"Yup." I popped the 'p'.

"Oh, quiet romantic, isn't he? Your dad never took me to a restaurant.." my mom sighed.

"Yes I did!" my dad said, almost immediately. "oh wait, no, I only took Helda out to dinner. But that was so horrible that I couldn't take any other girlfriends I had out to a restaurant. Didn't want to repeat the...uh...incident."

My mom arched an eyebrow. "So Helda was special, wasn't she?"

"No," my dad scoffed. "She was annoying."

I laughed. "Then I have a feeling that Jay won't be on my nerves any more."

"His name is Jay? How...badboyish." my mom laughed.

"Yeah..." I finished my toast and quickly kissed her forehead, then hugged dad before I dashed out of the door and over to my car to drive to school. I didn't know why but I was looking forward to going to school..

And seeing Jay.

::Jay::

The news that I had a date with Shannon seemed to spread like wildfire in the school. All the girls were complaining and the guys were laughing. Most of them came over to me to pat me on the back, congratulate me on getting a 'nice hot chick' as they put it.

And before I knew it, everybody in our year was asking me if me and Shannon were a 'thing' now.

Before I could stop myself, I blurted out: "Yeah," I laughed. "We're going out."

So it really wasn't surprising that Shannon stomped over to me during break and slammed my locker shut, inches away from my face. I looked at her hair and laughed.

"Bad hair day?"

She instantly ran her hand through her bangs and blushed.

She always blushes, I noticed.

"Why did you tell everyone that we're going out?!" she whisper-yelled.

"Well, aren't we?" I shrugged.

"No!"

"But we went on a date," I fake-pouted.

She studied my face, and I knew that she had no clue wether I was mocking her or being serious.

"But I don't want a boyfriend!" she hissed.

"Who wouldn't want a boyfriend like me?" I chuckled.

"Me!!"

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You wouldn't?" I said skeptically.

"Well, no. I don't even know you-"

"Fine, good luck telling everyone that we're not going out."

I slung my bag over my shoulder and smiled a devious smile at her as I walked past her. "See you in maths class,"

::Shannon::

"See you in maths class," he smiled a really evil smile and walked by.

UGH!

Why did he tell everyone that we were going out?! I had been so freakin' shocked when Leah told me that there was a rumour going around.

I'm seriously pissed off right now. I don't want, need or care for a boyfriend. I don't want one, at all.

And definitely not him.

Yeah, he's hot, smart, sarcast and mysterious but way too conceited and serious.

I don't even know him that well.

Going on one date doesn't mean anything, doesn't he know that?

Sighing, I made my way over to English Lit. class.

As soon as I sat down, a crowd of girls sorrounded me.

"You and Jay are going out?"

"Why would he date someone like you?"

"Eew, you've split ends, I'm sure Jay didn't notice. YET."

"Wait, I-" I tried to interrupt them but they overflooded me with questions.

Fortunately the teacher came in and they quickly sat down but all the way through class I got cold glares.

I kept my head down and went to maths class but the same thing happened there.

::Jay::

I listened to the others terrorizing Shannon and clenched my jaw. This is so not cool, I got up towering above all of them. Shannon looked at me with her big blue eyes, surprised. The others stared back at me and I could sense that they were scared.

It was clear I worked out.

"Is it any of your business?" I didn't wait for them to repsond. "No it's not. So take your shit and leave her alone, or you'll have to deal with me. Remember, I am her boyfriend."

I cocked an eyebrow at them as they slowly walked back to their seats.

My eyes locked with Shannon's and I sat down right when the teacher walked in.