Chapter 2

Chapter 2

::Jay::

I woke up the next day, and my leg was better. I got stitches and wasn't allowed to move around too much for a few days, and apart from the slight pain I felt when I walked I was fine.

I felt proud, and my ego got a boost when I found out that the man who's ass I owned last night was 37, and that I, an 18 year old, beat him to a pulp.

But then again, not the first time I won in a fight.

I sat up in my bed and looked straight into the full length mirror which went from the floor up until the ceiling. I was admiring my 6-pack when my door was opened.

"Arizona."

"huh"? I said, brilliantly.

"You have to go to Arizona. Apparently, the parcel was sent to a house there. A girl and her two parents to be exact. Her name is Shannon Stewart, she goes to the high school there. She has the diamonds." Chad leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms.

"Wait, what? I have to go to Arizona? Why?"

"You could attend high school there and get to know her. She won't just give the diamonds to you, you have to work at it-"

"What? You mean I have to get to know her and go to a stupid high school? I gave up high school to be in the gang! Why can't we just sneak into her house and steal the freakin' diamonds?"

"Because she'll report the missing diamonds."

"So? Nobody will know it was us."

"Jay, you know the police are on our trail. If they find out that diamonds were involved then they'll track us down. We need to be sneaky and cunning."

I laughed. "Great."

"It won't be bad. I won't ground you if you don't get A's"

"Funny." I said dryly.

"I booked the tickets already, I'll drive you to the airport. We're leaving in an hour, so hurry with the packing."

"An hour?! What the hell!"

"The sooner you get the diamonds, the better. You only have 3 weeks, Jay. You know how powerful Derek's gang is..." Chad frowned, and I could see it in his facial expression that he didn't want to admit that.

"Hurry." he closed the door and left me to it.

I got out of bed and limped over to my wardrobe where I kept my suitcases and a few pairs of socks, boxers and some clothes. The gang was moving around all the time, so we usually just lay low and rested in run down motels.

Even though we had enough money to buy a five star hotel. Actually, more than one.

I sighed, frustrated, as I started packing.

Attend a high school? Great.

I stuffed all my clothes in the suitcase.

She better be hot.

::Shannon::

**2 days later**

"What do you mean, diamonds?" my friend Chloe nearly yelled. We were in school, in the corridors near her locker. Students passed us by, on their way to class.

"Diamonds diamonds!" I whisper-yelled at her, afraid someone might overhear us. Her eyes widened.

"But your birthday was 3 days ago! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"