Chapter Six: Dee's Fate

Before I even get into the series of events that unfolded today I have to say, how in the hell do people keep finding our house? No one ever shows up at any of our other locations just here to screw with me. Well back to today, I got up as always and went looking for Dee I wanted to make sure he was okay after the whole demon incident. He’d been training nonstop since we got home and was making some progress, I was just worried that he’d overdo it and go insane in the house. Thankfully o found him standing in the kitchen eating some left over chicken Cog had made us the night before. So I walked off no need to keep investigating, that is until I walked down the hall and see Dee gasping for air on one knee staring at a punching bag like its Lucifer himself. I stood there staring for a secon then glanced behind me, I knew he hadn’t passed me in the hall so how did he get from the kitchen to the gym. Suddenly it hits me, “crap” I yell grabbing Dee’s attention, “there’s a shifter in the house” without thinking we both rush to the kitchen.

Sadly we went in blind, right as we rounded the corner the beast flies out kicking Dee to the floor. They roll around for a minute before I lose track of who’s who. Suddenly I realized the only people home are me and Dee, Marry and Cog went into town to buy food. I had no way to know who was who, I didn’t know Dee that well I mean how could I he was always off with Cog and I was busy. The shifter was smart if he’d pretended to be me I’d have been able to slaughter him in half a second but Dee’s powers are mimicable other than his martial arts all his strength comes from his bodies form. So how could I possibly let them fight this shifter could be anyone I can’t just trust that Dee’s going to win, and if he died Cog would slaughter me.

Now I’m stuck here staring at two different Dee’s tied up sitting in front of me with no idea what to do.